cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor overheating while booting

Ramtry
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using i.mx28evk board. I found the problem that the processor is getting very hot while booting. I faced different cases of problem which are listed below.

case 1:

Setting the switch position of Switch S1 Down, S16 Down and S3 Right. Given power supply (Adapter) to the board, then the processor is normal. After pressing the PSWITCH button then Linux starts booting and the processor getting very hot and taking the current of 0.98A.

case 2:

Setting the switch position of Switch S1 Down, S16 Down and S3 Right. Given the power from USB and pressing PSWITCH. The Linux is not booting.

/************** Repeating this message continuously in DEBUG*********************************

Configured for 5v only power source.            Battery powered operation disabl

ed.

HTLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

FLC

PowerPrep start initialize power...

*******************************************************************************************************/

case 3:

Setting the switch position of Switch S1 UP, S16 UP and S3 Right. Given the power from supply (Adapter). Linux is not booting the repeating the following message continuously in Debug serial   port and taking the current of 0.09A         

/****************************************************************************************************

Configured for 5v only power source.            Battery powered operation disabl

ed.

HTLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

FLC

PowerPrep start initialize power...

*******************************************************************************************************/

For all the three cases am booting the board from SDCARD. Visually checked the short circuit of board and found nothing. Please help to fix this issues.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies