i.MX Processors Knowledge Base

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX Processors Knowledge Base

Discussions

Sort by:
Steps to replace the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth firmware on the i.MX 8M series on Linux    Applicable to versions L5.4.47, L5.4.70, L5.10.9   1. Download the newest firmware. you can download the attachment in this thread and unzip it. 2. Copy it to the EVK board. 3. Copy the firmware to /lib/firmware/nxp   root@imx8mmevk: cp pcieuart8997_combo_v4.bin sdiouart8987_combo_v0.bin  /lib/firmware/nxp If the Linux version is L5.4.3,Then the step3 is to copy firmware to lib/firmware/mrvl/ root@imx8mmevk: cp pcieuart8997_combo_v4.bin sdiouart8987_combo_v0.bin  /lib/firmware/mrvl    
View full article
Default system can’t start Weston GUI in monitor after booting with NFS, so I find a solution to fix that issue. 1.Error messages imx8mpevk login: [31.274389] systemd[1]:weston@root.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE [ 31.274928] systemd[1]: weston@root.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'. [04:52:59.571] logind: not running in a systemd session [04:52:59.571] logind: cannot setup systemd-logind helper (-61), using legacy fallback 2.Steps Step 1:Add output in the /etc/xdg/weston/Weston.ini [output] name=HDMI-A-1 mode=1920x1080@60 Step 2:ls /sys/class/drm There will be some device nodes like card0,card1-HDMI-A-1. card1-HDMI-A-1 is we need. Step 3:Change drm_device in /etc/xdg/weston/Weston.ini drm-device=card1 Step 4:Set envs export WESTON_DRM_PRIMARY=HDMI-A-1 export WESTON_DRM_MIRROR=1 export WESTON_DRM_KEEP_RATIO=1 export WESTON_DRM_PREFER_EXTERNAL=1 export WESTON_DRM_PREFER_EXTERNAL_DUAL=1 Step 5:Start Weston weston --tty=7 -B=drm-backend.so --idle-time=0&
View full article
  This is a detailed programming aid for the registers associated with i.MX 8M Plus DDR initialization. LPDDR4 DDR4  For more details, refer to the main mScale DDR tools page: https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/i-MX-8M-Family-DDR-Tool-Release/ta-p/1104467 Please note that this page is only intended to store the RPA spreadsheets. For questions, please create a new community thread.  
View full article
    The document is about how to use WSL2 to compile yocto(android is the same process)  
View full article
Recently, some customers are using i.MX processor, they want to add raid & LVM function support to the kernel, but they have encountered the problem that the compilation cannot pass. Tested it in L4.14.98, L4.19.35 & L5.4.x, Only L4.14.98 bsp exists the problem. Here are the experimental steps I have done, including the same problems I encountered with the customer, and how to modify the kernel to ensure that the compilation passes. 1. Exporting cross compilation tool chain from yocto BSP (1) Downloading Yocto BSP and compiling it. Following steps in i.MX_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf, download Yocto BSP and compile it successfully. (2) Exporting cross compilation tool chain Following methods described in i.MX_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf, export cross compilation tool chain from yocto BSP. See Chapter 4.5.12 of the document, please! Then cross compilation tool chain will be like below: (3) Copying linux BSP source code to a new directory # cd ~ # mkdir L4.14.98-2.0.0 # cd L4.14.98-2.0.0 # cp -r ~/imx-yocto-bsp/build-fb/tmp/work/imx6qsabresd-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/4.14.98- r0/git ./ Then all linux source code has been copied to L4.14.98-2.0.0, which is the top directory of linux kernel source code, I will compile kernel image here. 2. Compiling linux kernel # cd ~/L4.14.98-2.0.0 # source /opt/fsl-imx-fb/4.14-sumo/environment-setup-cortexa9hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi # export ARCH=arm # make imx_v7_defconfig # make menuconfig Then we will add RAID and LVM modules to linux kernel. In order to reproduce errors, I added all related modules to kernel. See below, please! Device drivers---->Multiple devices driver support (RAID and LVM) After save and exit, began to compile kernel. # make (make –j4) The following errors will occur: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- drivers/md/dm-rq.c: In function ‘dm_old_init_request_queue’: drivers/md/dm-rq.c:716:2: error: implicit declaration of function ‘elv_register_queue’; did you mean ‘blk_register_queue’? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration] elv_register_queue(md->queue); ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ blk_register_queue cc1: some warnings being treated as errors scripts/Makefile.build:326: recipe for target 'drivers/md/dm-rq.o' failed make[2]: *** [drivers/md/dm-rq.o] Error 1 scripts/Makefile.build:585: recipe for target 'drivers/md' failed make[1]: *** [drivers/md] Error 2 Makefile:1039: recipe for target 'drivers' failed make: *** [drivers] Error 2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 3. Finding out root cause and solving it (1) elv_register_queue( ) function The function is loaded in dm-rq.c : int dm_old_init_request_queue(struct mapped_device *md, struct dm_table *t) { … … elv_register_queue(md->queue); … … } BUT compiler didn’t find it’s declaration and entity. Searching source code, and found it declared in linux_top/block/blk.h: … … int elv_register_queue(struct request_queue *q); … … It’s entity is in linux_top/block/elevator.c: int elv_register_queue(struct request_queue *q) { … … } (2) Adding declaration and exporting the function --- Declaration Add the line below to dm-rq.c: … … extern int elv_register_queue(struct request_queue *q); … … --- Exporting the function(elevator.c) Add EXPORT_SYMBOL(elv_register_queue); to the end of function, see below. int elv_register_queue(struct request_queue *q) { … … } EXPORT_SYMBOL(elv_register_queue); 4. Re-compiling Linux Kernel The above error will not occur and the compilation will complete successfully.   NXP CAS team Weidong Sun
View full article
The i.MX8QuadMax SMARC System On Module integrates Dual Cortex A72 + Quad Cortex A53 Cores, Dual GPU systems, 4K H.265 capable VPU dual failover-ready display controller based i.MX8 QuadMax SoC with on SOM Dual 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet PHY, USB 3.0 hub and IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi & Bluetooth 5.0 module.
View full article
The Android P9.0.0_2.0.0 GA (4.14.98 kernel) is now available on IMX software landing page. Overview -> i.MX BSP Updates and Releases -> Android -> Android P9.0.0_2.0.0 (4.14.98 kernel)    Files available:   # Name Description 1 android_p9.0.0_2.0.0-ga_docs.zip Android P9.0.0_2.0.0 Documentation 2 imx-p9.0.0_2.0.0-ga.tar.gz i.MX Android proprietary surce code for Android P9.0.0_2.0.0 3 android_p9.0.0_2.0.0-ga_image_8mmevk.tar.gz Prebuilt images with NXP extended features for the i.MX 8M Mini EVK 4 android_p9.0.0_2.0.0-ga_image_8mqevk.tar.gz Prebuilt images with NXP extended features for the i.MX 8M Quad EVK 5 android_p9.0.0_2.0.0-ga_image_8qmek.tar.gz Prebuilt images with NXP extended features for the i.MX8QMax and 8QXPlus MEK 6 fsl_aacp_dec_p9.0.0_2.0.0-ga.tar.gz AAC Plus Codec for P9.0.0_2.0.0_GA   Supported boards: i.MX 8MMini MEK Board i.MX 8MQuad EVK Board i.MX 8QuadMax MEK i.MX 8QuadXPlus MEK   Features and Known issues For features and known issues, please consult the Release Notes in detail.  ======================================================================================= The Android P9.0.0_2.1.0_AUTO GA (4.14.98 kernel) is now available on IMX software landing page. Overview -> i.MX BSP Updates and Releases -> Android AUTO-> Android P9.0.0_2.1.0_AUTO   Files available:   # Name Description 1 android_p9.0.0_2.1.0-auto-ga_docs.zip Android P9.0.0_2.1.0_AUTO  Documentation 2 imx-p9.0.0_2.1.0-auto-ga.tar.gz i.MX Android Automotive proprietary source code for Android P9.0.0_2.1.0_AUTO 3 android_p9.0.0_2.1.0-auto-ga_image_8qmek.tar.gz Prebuilt images with NXP extended features with the EVS function enabled in the Cortex-M4 CPU core for the i.MX 8QuadMax/8QuadXPlus MEK 4 android_p9.0.0_2.1.0-auto-ga_image_8qmek2.tar.gz Prebuilt images with NXP extended features for the i.MX8QMax and 8QXPlus MEK, without the EVS in M4 Core.   Supported boards: i.MX 8QuadMax MEK i.MX 8QuadXPlus MEK   Features and Known issues For features and known issues, please consult the Release Notes in detail.
View full article
目录 1 www.nxp.com公网资源 .............................................. 2 1.1 www.nxp.com Documentation ................................ 3 1.2 www.nxp.com Tools&Software ............................... 6 2 nxp 社区资源 ........................................................... 11 3 i.MX8M公网资源的其它资料 .................................... 13 4 i.MX8MNano公网资源的其它资料 ............................ 13 5 i.MX8MPlus公网资源的其它资料 ............................. 13
View full article
[中文翻译版] 见附件   原文链接: https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-343372 
View full article
[中文翻译版] 见附件   原文链接: https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-343344 
View full article
UUU is an evolution of MFGTools. The introduction of UUU detail you can see the uuu.pdf file.. Please download uuu.exe and follow the UUU introduction. Here are some running examples. If you are not familiar with uuu, you can refer to them firstly. Under Windows (should be as admin): • For SD card:  Linux:  .\uuu -b sd_all imx-boot-imx8mmevk-sd.bin-flash_evk fsl-image-validation-imx-imx8mmevk.sdcard • For EMMC:  Linux:  .\uuu -b emmc_all imx-boot-imx8mmevk-sd.bin-flash_evk fsl-image-validation-imx-imx8mmevk.sdcard  or  .\uuu.exe uuu.auto  Android:  .\uuu_imx_android_flash.bat -f imx8mm -u trusty Under Linux: • For EMMC  Linux:  sudo .\uuu uuu.auto If you download BSP release from nxp.com, you could find a file uuu.auto in the package. This is a preset script that can be executed directly (default for EMMC). You could change the script based on your requirement. Copy the uuu.exe under the release package, then execute the instructions. For UUU tool the prebuilt image and document are here: • https://github.com/NXPmicro/mfgtools/releases • UUU.pdf is snapshot of wiki   Environment PC: Window 10 64bit Board: i.MX8MMLPDDR4 EVK BSP: Q10.0.0_2.0.0 Demo images Screen: MX8-DSI-OLED1 Downloading android images to i.MX 8M Mini EVK LPDDR4 via UUU Tool 1\Hardware Preparations (1) Make the board enter serial download mode. For Rev. B boards, change the first two bits of board's sw1101 to 10 (from 1-2 bit) to enter serial download mode. For Rev. C boards, change the first four bits of board's sw1101 to 1010 (from 1-4 bit) to enter serial download mode. (2) Connecting J901to PC USB by a USB OTG cable. (3) Connecting J301(usb type c) to PC USB. (4) Plugging adapter into Power Jack (J302) (5) Power on i.MX 8M Mini EVK LPDDR4 board via SW101 Switch When first connect the board to PC, windows 10 64bit can’t automatically install FT2232D  driver from official website of manufacture, you need to Install the usb to uart driver manually: https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm Download the setup executable and then install it. When installed success you can see the usb serial port can be used. 2\Downloading UUU Tool For the UUU binary file, download it from github: uuu release page on github. For the Q10.0.0_2.0.0 version use the UUU 1.3.124 version. For Linux OS, download the file named "uuu". For Windows OS, download the file named "uuu.exe". Here I use win10 system, so I download the uuu.exe file.   3\Download the Q10.0.0_2.0.0 Demo images for i.MX8MM   Now all the android os for i.MX products are here: Android OS for i.MX Applications Processors. Decompress release_package/android-10.0.0_2.0.0_image_8mmevk.tar.gz for LPDDR4 board. The package contains the image files and uuu_imx_android_flash tool. Copy uuu.exe to the directory of Q10.0.0_2.0.0 Demo images. 4\ Execute the uuu_imx_android_flash to flash image Power on the board. Open the serial port terminal and setting as following: Open a command line window. For the use and the Options for uuu_imx_android_flash tool details can see the Table 2 in the Android_Quick_Start_Guide. Here I use the OLED screen, to test MIPI panel output, need execute the tool with "-d mipi-panel". So here I use the .\uuu_imx_android_flash.bat -f imx8mm -e -d mipi-panel . When I use the download I meet the follow question: C:\Work\Products\Android BSP\New folder\Q10.0.0_2.0.0 Demo images\android-10.0.0_2.0.0_image_8mmevk>.\uuu_imx_android_flash.bat -f imx8mm -e -d mipi-panel This script is validated with uuu 1.3.124 version, it is recommended to align with this version. dtbo is supported dual slot is supported dynamic partition is supported You do not have sufficient privilege to perform this operation.   So here can change to use the Windows PowerShell, it works well and finished download.   Power off the board. 5\Boot up the board from emmc Set boot mode For Rev. C boards: Change sw1101 to 0110110010 and change sw1102 to 0001101000 if you want to boot from SD card. Change sw1101 to 0110110001 and change sw1102 to 0001010100 if you want to boot from eMMC. Set the U-Boot environment variables for the MIPI panel display U-Boot > setenv bootargs console=ttymxc1,115200 earlycon=ec_imx6q,0x30890000,115200 init=/init androidboot.console=ttymxc1 androidboot.hardware=freescale cma=800M@0x400M-0xb80M androidboot.primary_display=imx-drm firmware_class.path=/vendor/firmware transparent_hugepage=never androidboot.wificountrycode=CN androidboot.lcd_density=240 U-Boot > saveenv Then use the boot to boot up and then display on OLED screen.   Hope this can do help for some users. Best Regards Rita
View full article
The document descript how to use the win32diskimager to create bootable sdcard.  How to resize sdcard mirror rootfs partition. Ex: fsl-image-validation-imx-imx6qpdlsolox.sdcard
View full article
[中文翻译版] 见附件   原文链接: https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-342837 
View full article
The document to descript change the u-boot environment variables under the Linux rootfs.  Also provide a demo on i.MX6ull evk of sdcard mirror.  Linux fw_printenv fw_setenv to access U-Boot's environment variables.pdf  --- the document fw_printenv_fw_setenv_demo_iMX6ullevk_L4.14.98_2.0.0_ga.sdcard  --- demo sdcard mirror
View full article
[中文翻译版] 见附件   原文链接: https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-343007 
View full article
[中文翻译版] 见附件   原文链接: Enable GmSSL which supports OSCCA Algorithm Toolbox on i.MX 
View full article
[中文翻译版] 见附件   原文链接: i.MX Create Android SDCard Mirror 
View full article