Using UUU to download the Android images to i.MX 8M Mini EVK LPDDR4 Board and display on OLED screen

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using UUU to download the Android images to i.MX 8M Mini EVK LPDDR4 Board and display on OLED screen

UUU is an evolution of MFGTools. The introduction of UUU detail you can see the uuu.pdf file.. Please download uuu.exe and follow the UUU introduction.
Here are some running examples. If you are not familiar with uuu, you can refer to them firstly.
Under Windows (should be as admin):
• For SD card:
 Linux:
 .\uuu -b sd_all imx-boot-imx8mmevk-sd.bin-flash_evk fsl-image-validation-imx-imx8mmevk.sdcard
• For EMMC:
 Linux:
 .\uuu -b emmc_all imx-boot-imx8mmevk-sd.bin-flash_evk fsl-image-validation-imx-imx8mmevk.sdcard
 or
 .\uuu.exe uuu.auto
 Android:
 .\uuu_imx_android_flash.bat -f imx8mm -u trusty
Under Linux:
• For EMMC
 Linux:
 sudo .\uuu uuu.auto
If you download BSP release from nxp.com, you could find a file uuu.auto in the package. This is a preset script that can be executed directly (default for EMMC). You could change the script based on your requirement. Copy the uuu.exe under the release package, then execute the instructions.
For UUU tool the prebuilt image and document are here:
https://github.com/NXPmicro/mfgtools/releases
• UUU.pdf is snapshot of wiki

Environment

PC: Window 10 64bit

Board: i.MX8MMLPDDR4 EVK

BSP: Q10.0.0_2.0.0 Demo images

Screen: MX8-DSI-OLED1

Downloading android images to i.MX 8M Mini EVK LPDDR4 via UUU Tool

1\Hardware Preparations

(1) Make the board enter serial download mode.

• For Rev. B boards, change the first two bits of board's sw1101 to 10 (from 1-2 bit) to enter serial download mode.
  • For Rev. C boards, change the first four bits of board's sw1101 to 1010 (from 1-4 bit) to enter serial download mode.

(2) Connecting J901to PC USB by a USB OTG cable.

(3) Connecting J301(usb type c) to PC USB.

(4) Plugging adapter into Power Jack (J302)

(5) Power on i.MX 8M Mini EVK LPDDR4 board via SW101 Switch

IMG_1674.JPG

When first connect the board to PC, windows 10 64bit can’t automatically install FT2232D

driver from official website of manufacture, you need to Install the usb to uart driver manually:

https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm Download the setup executable and then install it.

RS232.PNG

When installed success you can see the usb serial port can be used.

usb serail port.PNG

2\Downloading UUU Tool

For the UUU binary file, download it from github: uuu release page on github.

uuu 1.3.124.PNG

For the Q10.0.0_2.0.0 version use the UUU 1.3.124 version.

• For Linux OS, download the file named "uuu".
  • For Windows OS, download the file named "uuu.exe".

Here I use win10 system, so I download the uuu.exe file.

3\Download the Q10.0.0_2.0.0 Demo images for i.MX8MM

Android demo images.PNG

Now all the android os for i.MX products are here: Android OS for i.MX Applications Processors.

Decompress release_package/android-10.0.0_2.0.0_image_8mmevk.tar.gz for LPDDR4 board.

The package contains the image files and uuu_imx_android_flash tool.

Copy uuu.exe to the directory of Q10.0.0_2.0.0 Demo images.

Demo images with uuu.PNG

4\ Execute the uuu_imx_android_flash to flash image

Power on the board.

Open the serial port terminal and setting as following:

Serial Port setting.PNG

Open a command line window.

For the use and the Options for uuu_imx_android_flash tool details can see the Table 2 in the Android_Quick_Start_Guide.

Here I use the OLED screen, to test MIPI panel output, need execute the tool with "-d mipi-panel".

So here I use the .\uuu_imx_android_flash.bat -f imx8mm -e -d mipi-panel .

When I use the download I meet the follow question:

C:\Work\Products\Android BSP\New folder\Q10.0.0_2.0.0 Demo images\android-10.0.0_2.0.0_image_8mmevk>.\uuu_imx_android_flash.bat -f imx8mm -e -d mipi-panel

This script is validated with uuu 1.3.124 version, it is recommended to align with this version.

dtbo is supported

dual slot is supported

dynamic partition is supported

You do not have sufficient privilege to perform this operation.

Do not have the privilege to download.PNG

So here can change to use the Windows PowerShell, it works well and finished download.

Windows PowerShell.PNG

Power off the board.

5\Boot up the board from emmc

Set boot mode

For Rev. C boards:

• Change sw1101 to 0110110010 and change sw1102 to 0001101000 if you want to boot from SD card.
  • Change sw1101 to 0110110001 and change sw1102 to 0001010100 if you want to boot from eMMC.

Set the U-Boot environment variables for the MIPI panel display

U-Boot > setenv bootargs console=ttymxc1,115200 earlycon=ec_imx6q,0x30890000,115200 init=/init

androidboot.console=ttymxc1 androidboot.hardware=freescale cma=800M@0x400M-0xb80M

androidboot.primary_display=imx-drm firmware_class.path=/vendor/firmware

transparent_hugepage=never androidboot.wificountrycode=CN androidboot.lcd_density=240

U-Boot > saveenv

Then use the boot to boot up and then display on OLED screen.

Hope this can do help for some users.

Best Regards

Rita

Attachments
No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎12-02-2020 12:47 AM
Updated by: