cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Watchdog Debug Mask Processor Expert

Jump to solution
justusandjustic
Contributor III

In Processor Expert, I am unable to find a setting that will disable the debug mask register to enable the watchdog to work correctly in debug mode ("correctly" being "don't keep track of the passage of time during debug breaks").

Looking at the initialization code:

/* WDOG_CS1: EN=1,INT=0,UPDATE=1,TST=0,DBG=1,WAIT=1,STOP=1 */
  WDOG_CS1 = WDOG_CS1_EN_MASK |
             WDOG_CS1_UPDATE_MASK |
             WDOG_CS1_TST(0x00) |
             WDOG_CS1_DBG_MASK |        //<<<<THIS ONE HERE
             WDOG_CS1_WAIT_MASK |
             WDOG_CS1_STOP_MASK;       /* Setup control register */

I've gotten it to work by removing that line and disabling PE from updating the code, but that is not a very elegant solution.  Is there a way I can tell PE to use the debug mask settings I want?

-Josiah

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Josiah,

I'm afraid that it is impossible to add this feature , because there isn't update for the Processor Expert.

About develop kinetis products on KDS, the update have moved to MCUXpresso software and tools:

MCUXpresso Software and Tools for ARM® Cortex®-M cores|NXP  

So we only can use some workaround on PE.

BR

Alice

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Josiah,

- On one hand you can add the "WatchDog_LDD" component to configure:

pastedImage_1.png

- On the other hand , you can use your own code , in the resource part choose "Managegd by user code"

of "WDOG", then write your own code into project .

pastedImage_2.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
justusandjustic
Contributor III

Alice,

I am already using the watchdog component.  The first screenshot you posted shows the exact location of the code I posted in my original question.  The problem is that whenever I build my project, the line:

WDOG_CS1_DBG_MASK |

is added in the init function.  If I remove it, it is re-added the next time I build.  I was hoping there was a setting in the component to let PE know I don't want that line added.  Something like "disable debug mask".  I expected such a setting to exist, but have been unable to find it. 

How can I get PE to build the init function without turning on the debug mask?

-Josiah

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Josiah,

There is a method to don't add that line after you delete it .

After change the code, please right lick the watchdog_LDD component , then choose

"Don't Write Generated Component Modules":

pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
justusandjustic
Contributor III

Alice,

As I said before:

"I've gotten it to work by removing that line and disabling PE from updating the code, but that is not a very elegant solution.  Is there a way I can tell PE to use the debug mask settings I want?"

So you're saying that options to set those specific registers, including the debug mask register, don't exist?  That seems very strange.  That means the every time I want to change a different setting in the watchdog component, I need to re-enable code generation, build the code, disable code generation, and delete the line again.

Is it possible this feature will be added in the future?

Thanks,

-Josiah

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Josiah,

I'm afraid that it is impossible to add this feature , because there isn't update for the Processor Expert.

About develop kinetis products on KDS, the update have moved to MCUXpresso software and tools:

MCUXpresso Software and Tools for ARM® Cortex®-M cores|NXP  

So we only can use some workaround on PE.

BR

Alice

justusandjustic
Contributor III

Alice,

Does the MCUXpresso Software have a PE-equivalent feature?

Thanks for your help,

-Josiah

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Josiah,

Yes,  the MCUXpresso Software include three parts :MCUXpresso SDK, MCUXpresso IDE, MCUXpresso Config Tools 

the MCUXpresso Config Tools is a configure tools, while now , it only support configure clock and pins :

pastedImage_1.png

And MCUXpresso SDK and Config Tools also can used with KDS.

There is a description about this software :

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-333068 

Hope it helps

Alice