cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDR RPA tool for iMX8QM

Jump to solution
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm looking for the DDR RPA (Register programming aid) tool compatible with SCFW 1.5.0 (or newer) and Linux BSP 5.4.24-2.1.0 for iMX8QM MEK. This is for a custom user (MEK) board with a new DDR part I'm trying to initialize. I plan to use the "MX8QM_B0_LPDDR4_RPA_1.6GHz_v21.xlsx" file from the DDR test tool to help generate initialization scripts.

Please share the RPA how-to info or user guide for using this tool and any gotchas for the SCFW build, etc.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi rkohli2000

yes MX8QM_B0_LPDDR4_RPA_1.6GHz_v21.xlsx can be used for that BSP version.

Unfortunately I am not aware of user guides for using RPA tool, in general it has self-explanatory

fields. For  SCFW build one can look at below link and documentation included in  SCFW Porting Kit​

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/i-MX8-Boot-process-and-creating-a-bootab...

Best regards
igor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Contributor III

Sorry, I misunderstood the tool earlier.

I was expecting a new standalone "NXP RPA tool" that ingests the spreadsheet (MX8QM_B0_LPDDR4_RPA_1.6GHz_v21.xlsx).

Now, I see the separate Excel tabs labelled "DCD CFG file CBT" and "DCD Stress Test Script CBT".

Are these 2 tabs updated with the code I need to copy/paste to the SCFW porting kit file: packages\imx-scfw-porting-kit-1.5.0\src\scfw_export_mx8qm_b0\platform\board\mx8qm_mek\dcd\imx8qm_dcd_1.6GHz.cfg and input file for the DDR Stress test tool (.ds) respectively ?

Thanks a lot for the help.

0 Kudos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I think you are right, general steps are described in

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos
Contributor III

That's great. Thank you Igor.

Regards

Ravi

0 Kudos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi rkohli2000

yes MX8QM_B0_LPDDR4_RPA_1.6GHz_v21.xlsx can be used for that BSP version.

Unfortunately I am not aware of user guides for using RPA tool, in general it has self-explanatory

fields. For  SCFW build one can look at below link and documentation included in  SCFW Porting Kit​

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/i-MX8-Boot-process-and-creating-a-bootab...

Best regards
igor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos