S32DS Fails to Install

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS Fails to Install

pmz1
Contributor I

Is there a problem with the Offline activation of S32DS? I have created the request.xml using the activation code provided by Software & Support : Licensing. When using the activation.xml file returned by Software & Support I get an Invalid Offline Response. The installer then roll back the installation.

Original Attachment has been moved to: S32_Design_Studio_for_ARM_v1.2_Install_07_21_2016_07_39_18_2.log.zip

0 Kudos
26 Replies

zhaoqinsu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I tried many times, but the installation failed. The installer awalys rolls back the installation.Is the installation environment is not correct? Need to install online or offline?

What can Ido ?

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

sunshine_hu
Contributor I

hello, i hava same problem with you, can you give me solution?

ThankYou!

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There could be several reasons why you cannot install S32DS:

• make sure you have admin rights and your Windows server service is enabled. see e.g.

Fail to install S32DS for Power Architecture v1.2 

pastedImage_5.png

• make sure you entered correct Activation ID. Each product version is using its own Activation ID. E.g.  you cannot mix Activation ID for S32DS Arm to activate S32DS for Power. Activation ID must match also with the product version (S32DS ARM 1.3 Activation ID will not work with S32DS ARM 2.0)

• in case of the offline activation problems see this:

S32 Design Studio Offline activation issue hot fix 

Stan

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, 

Thanks for your report!

Could you possibly attach the installation log?

"c:\nxp\S32DS_ARM_v1.3\_S32 Design Studio for ARM v1.3_installation\Logs\S32_Design_Studio_for_ARM_v1.3_Install_*.log" 

Our team is now investigating this issue. 

Seem to be the same problem as reported here: 

https://community.nxp.com/thread/439892 

Stan

0 Kudos

zhaoqinsu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ,

There is an attachment about S32 Design Studio installation log; It maybe useful for solving the problem. Waiting for your good messages!

Thank you !

0 Kudos

cthhk
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear Team:

My customer headaches for the same problem. We have tried different activation codes but none of them works.

Could you help to check this issue?

Thanks and Regards,

Wang

0 Kudos

TomasPaez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi I see you have

XXXX-XXXX-F0B0-5FBC

And have already activated this in machine 5615DB52D7BF1 , I have reset your keys, you should be able to use this key on your activation, please contact me if you have any issues. 

0 Kudos

yulianmatev
Contributor III

Hello all,

I am also not able to make an offline activation. I tried also with suggested activation code 37D6-B186-B306-B6AA but it is also not working: "Invalid offline response, ResponseType"

I tried also logged in as the built in user Administrator -> the same result. 

Best regards,

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Han,

Apologize about inconveniences.

Have you had another instance of S32DS v1.1 installed and activated already?

Could you possibly try to activate  it once again (online/offline).

If it does not work with your original activation ID could you give a try with the "workaround" one we published:

37D6-B186-B306-B6AA

Thanks!

Stan

0 Kudos

tigerdawn
Contributor I

Hi Stan,

Just now I tried to install S32 with my original activation ID but is came the same issue discripted in my early reply today(both online and offline).

So there maybe some restrict about this SW in our company's network,  according to your experence, is this reasonable or there are some other problems?

0 Kudos

tigerdawn
Contributor I

Hi Stan,

Thanks for your kindly reply.

Last weekend I have tried on my PC at home and there's no installation issue with my original activation ID.

But I also tried 37D6-B186-B306-B6AA last week and there is another issue shown below if I choose activate online, offline method was still the same. All of this happened on the laptop on my workplace .  I will try again today. Thanks!

2016-08-05 13-42-33_Program Manager.jpg

2016-08-05 13-48-05_Program Manager.jpg

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Paul,

First of all we apologize about the inconveniences. We are currently experiencing some activation issues on a small fragment of activation codes.

According to our records, you finally activated the tool. Am I right?

If not can you possibly try to activate (online/offline) using the testing activation code below:

37D6-B186-B306-B6AA

Please let us know if it works

Thanks!

Stan

0 Kudos

tigerdawn
Contributor I

Hi Stan,

I also encountered this issue when I install the S32 Design Studio for ARM v1.2,  I tried to activate the SW online or offline but both failed. Is there something wrong with my activation code?  Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos

pmz1
Contributor I

Hello Stan,

Unfortunately I get the same Invalid Offline Response. Should I try running the activation online? I can take my laptop home with me tonight and run the installation on my home network to see if the online activation works.

Best regards,

Paul Zak

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Paul,

Have you been able to activate the S32DS based on Allen suggestion?

Does the testing activation code work on your side (Online method)?

Thanks for your feedback!

Stan

0 Kudos

pmz1
Contributor I

Hello Stan,

I have tried the online activation from home and the installation fails. I get the following dialog.

The error log shows the same failure as with the offline activation.

Install Uninstaller: S32 Design Studio for ARM v1.2(Install All Uninstaller Components)

Additional Notes: ERROR - Error writing LaunchAnywhere components (Access Denied)

Is there anything else you can suggest?

Best regards,

Paul Zak

0 Kudos

TomasPaez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Paul,

Can you please do some testing with the following request1, and request2 , Please load this to our system to get a response.

This file are related to your activation IDs, and only meant to be used by Paul Zak 

0 Kudos

pmz1
Contributor I

Hello Tomas,

I have tried both of the request files provided using offline activation. The first one (request1.xml) fails with invalid offline response. The second one (Request2.xml) fails with "Error processing offline response".

Best regards,

Paul

Paul

0 Kudos

TomasPaez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you for the response Zak , I will review them an reply asap.

0 Kudos

pmz1
Contributor I

Have you been able to resolve the installation issue that I am having? I see this thread is assumed answered but I still can not install S32DS.

0 Kudos