S32 Design Studio Install Fail (Power + ARM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32 Design Studio Install Fail (Power + ARM)

seanfarrelly
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have attached the log files from both failed installs (Power V1.1 + ARM V1.3). Below is the error I am experiencing:

Install Uninstaller:      S32 Design Studio for ARM v1.3(Install All Uninstaller Components)

Additional Notes: ERROR - Error writing LaunchAnywhere components (Access Denied)

During the install a window appears:

170639_170639.jpgerror popup.jpg

However it then disappears almost instantly and an installation roll back is triggered.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling JRE 1.8 & JDK 1.8, disabling AntiVirus, Reinstalling C++ Restributable.

Thanks,

Sean

Original Attachment has been moved to: S32_Design_Studio_for_ARM_v1.3_Install_11_30_2016_08_59_02.log.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: S32_Design_Studio_for_Power_Architecture_v1.1_Install_11_29_2016_08_50_37.log.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sean 

After some investigation our engineering team has found the root cause:

The reason was in Teradyne SSL installed on computer that adds itself to Windows path that makes troubles to other programs:

http://www.teradyne.com/products/production-board-test/self-service-licensing

Workaround:  please remove that folder from your path.

Please let us know if it helps.

Stan.

0 Kudos

tamtran
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stan, I met the same issue, but I cannot find Teradyne SSL in my computer, please help me to fix this issue.

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Tam

There might be another instance of specific .dll file that interferes with the installer.

Could you please type the command below in the Windows command line:

where FNP_Act_Installer.dll cll_app.dll cll_app_libFNP.dll

Have you find anything?

Thanks!

Stan

0 Kudos

tamtran
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stan

I run your command and this is the result:

result.png

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Seems LDRA_Toolsuite interferes with S32 DS installer. Could you temporarily remove path c:\LDRA_Toolsuite\ from PATH?

Then try to install S32DS. If the installation is successful you can restore PATH environment variable.

Hope it helps.

Stan

0 Kudos

Fitz-Huang
Contributor I

Hi Stan,

I met the same issue when I install S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform 3.3,but I cannot find any .DDL file in my computer, please help me to fix this issue

thanks

新建位图图像.bmp

0 Kudos

小娟胡
Contributor I

Hi Stan, I met the same issue when I install S32 design Studio V1.3, but I cannot find Teradyne SSL and LDRA_Toolsuite in my computer, please help me to fix this issue

thanks

Fiona

0 Kudos