HOWTO: Activate S32 Design Studio

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32 Design Studio is free-of-charge software that just requires to be activated. The activation process is incorporated into the S32DS installer. Before you proceed to the installation you always need to get an activation code. The activation code is typically sent automatically to your email registered on nxp.com account when you proceed to downloading of S32DS installer. The example of notification email is below:

pastedImage_88.png

There are two types of activation you can choose from - online and offline. If your machine is connected to the Internet then in most cases you just select online activation and S32DS gets activated automatically without any additional steps required.

Anyway if the computer that you are installing S32 Design Studio into has no internet access or there are some firewall/antivirus/infrastructure restrictions that voids the online activation you can select offline activation type instead. This document describes the offline activation process step-by-step:

Step 1. S32 Design studio for Arm/Power/Vision installer pops up the "S32DS Activation" dialog  where you first enter your activation ID and select activation type as offline

pastedImage_4.png

Step 2. The Offline process will require to save an activation request file -"request.xml". Please save this file into a local folder or an USB drive.pastedImage_1.png

Step 3. Software will then require an activation response. To get this file move to a station with the Internet connection. We will get back here once we have activation response file ready.

pastedImage_2.png

Step 4. Look for the Internet connection and take the "request.xml" file with you. Go to https://www.nxp.com/security/login  click on Apps and Services >  "Software Licensing and Support > Click on View Accounts

chrome_2022-09-20_10-32-23.png

jiri_kral_0-1663663175551.png

Step 5. In product information page look for the "Offline Activation" option on the left menu.

pastedImage_10.png

Step 6. Click on "Choose File" and select the "request.xml" file generated in Step 2.  Press "Process" button to get the "activation.xml" file. This file will be downloaded.

156407_156407.pngpastedImage_17.png

156408_156408.pngpastedImage_18.png

Step 7. Save "activation.xml" file and take it to the original offline station, go back to the Activation response dialog described by Step 3.

156409_156409.pngpastedImage_21.png

Step 8.  Load file and installation will be finished. S32 design studio will be activated with your activation ID.

Labels (1)
Comments

Hi,

would it be possible to have a second license? I'm currently moving my current Win 10 VM content to a new Win 10 VM. Offline XML activation didn't work, neither online, I assume it's the machine limit, right?

Kind regards

UPDATE

I'm testing with key posted in: https://community.nxp.com/message/816593?commentID=816593#comment-816593 

UPDATE2

Online activation worked suddenly, Done

Hi

I can't find the fifth step on this interface. Can you tell me how to find it?

Software & Support, I can't find.

Hi,

Is there a way to install S32DS_Vision_Linux_v2 from console and not using GUI/wizard. And if so is there a way to pass in the activation code as an option to it ?

in my case, it just because when i input activation code, i miss the letter '-'.

as far as mine, my activation is code C585-C849-4BA6-E5A3, i must input  code C585-C849-4BA6-E5A3 rather than  C585C8494BA6E5A3

Who can help!
I didn't even have the "offline" option in the first step, the installer will automatically quit...

I think it may be a problem with the activation key, but I don't know where to fix it...

However, the log file shows...

Q2.JPG

Hi Carter, 

Have you tried the online activation? are you installing the software for the first time?

Regards,

I have tried it in Win8.1 several times and can't install it.

Then I installed another computer(WIN7)... Is working.....

But my computer(Win8.1) still can't be installed... like in video......

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

Its seem that web pages had changed. Where is the page which is used for submiting the request.xml?/sad

Find it. Software & Support : Offline Activation 

It takes me 3h to solve this problem. Remeber to generate the activation.xml through the request.xml that is generated by the setts.(Reference another official method)

Good Luck !

Hi,

I wanted to install S32Design Studio 3.5. I cannot find the installer file. Whenever I am searching, I am only finding the Platforms for it and those downloads don't have any executable. Someone please help me here.

Thank you!

100% helpful (1/1)
Version history
Last update:
‎09-20-2022 01:42 AM
Updated by: