I am trying to use UART1 on DEVKIT by Matlab Simulink. I have used UART0 and get data over that. But I need to communicate over UART1.
What I have done is:
1. I have converted UART Config to UART1 and its pins are PTD12 and PTD9.
I have connected my TX and RX cables on J3-02 and J3-04.
But I can not observe any data on RX. MCU should have transmitted "Hello World".
What I have done wrong? How can I correct?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Dear @PetrS ,
I could not handle that.
Can you help me understand my problem.
1. I am using sample model that NXP has given as sample that sends "Hello World". I have observed it works with UART0.
2. I have changed UART0 -> UART1 and have selected PTD12 and PTD9 for RX and TX pins.
3. Then I embedded the code.
4. I connected J175 so that; 1 and 5; 2 and 6 are shorted.
5. I put oscilloscope at the end of J3-4 (UART TX) and GND.
6. I could not observe data bits on the screen.
Why this is happening? What I am doing wrong?
what is the board revision you have. For example on rev.E J3-02 and J3-04 are not connected to PD12 and PD9 by default, can be done via jumpers on J175 header. Refer to board's schematic.
Dear @PetrS ,
We are using rev E board. As far as your statement, I understand that what I am doing is right. When I switch J175 Jumper it will work. Am I right?
Also where can we find that kind of information without opening a ticket?