cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MK02 Support under KSDK_1.0.0-KV30F-K02FN

matthewleung
Contributor I

Hi,

I am trying to develop for the new MK02x under KDS. I have installed KDS and KSDK_1.0.0-KV30F-K02FN and added the eclipse update for KSDKto KDS. When I make a new project and try to select one of the MK02x parts KDS complains that "Processor MK02FN64xxx10 is not supported by selected SDK 1.0.0-GA". Anbody know how to fix this? BTW I am running Linux.

5 Replies

Miner
Contributor II

Hi Matt,

I am running windows with KDS 2.0.0 with all of the updates applied.  It does not list the MK02 devices at all in the available processors section.

However there is app note  AN5040  Using the FRDM-K22F to Evaluate K02 and K22FN Devices.

http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN5040.pdf

This at least let me move forward (cautiously).

Hope it helps,

Andy

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Andrew:

You are right, K02 is not supported by KDS out of the box, you have to install an Eclipse Update.

The appnote mentions a standalone release of KSDK for K02 and KV30 only. Now both are included in the bigger mainline KSDK v1.1.0. Check my response and guide in the next thread:

Kinetis Design Studio Version: 2.0.0 does not support projects for K02_100 series?

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

John16
Contributor I

Hi Jorge,

I'm having the same problem with KDS3.2.0 and MK02 MCU. The processor expert doesn't support MK02 series. Do you have any idea how to use Processor Expert with K02? I'm unable to open your link, it says I don't have access.

Thank you

Johnny

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Johnny:

KSDK v1.3 is the last version of KSDK with Processor Expert support. So I can suggest 2 options:

1) Download a KSDK v1.3 package for K02 as instructed in the next guide (:smileyinfo: Instructions are for KSDK v2.0, just pay attention to select KSDK v1.3 instead):

How to: install KSDK 2.0

Then you need to install the Eclipse Update from {KSDK_install_path}/tools/eclipse_update.

After this you should be able to create a new KSDK project with Processor Expert enabled.

2) Download a K02 package for the latest KSDK v2.0 following the same instructions and then follow the next guide to use it with KDS:

Using Kinetis Design Studio v3.x with Kinetis SDK v2.0

In this case Processor Expert is not available but the KSDK platform has been simplified and improved.

I hope this helps.

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

MDB
Contributor II

Hello Matthew,

the same is happening to me with the KV30.

If you desmacar the Kinetis SDK option, then you can create the new project, but can not use the Processor Expert.

What version of KDS you're using?

To use the Processor Expert in KV30 I had to install KDS version 1.1.1 with KSDK_1.0.0-KV30F-K02FN.

I hope this solves your problem.

Regards,

Marcos Bloedow

0 Kudos