A new Kinetis SDK has been released Jan 29th 2016. This document shows the steps how to use the SDK with Kinetis Design Studio v3.0.0.
Unlike previous SDK's, with the SDK v2.0 it only needs a generic 'new project wizard' inside KDS.
Downloading a Kinetis SDK Package
- Go to Welcome to Kinetis Expert | Kinetis Expert
- Login with your user NXP name/account
- Click on 'Build an SDK' button
- If this is your first configuration: select board/processor you want to use
- Customize the SDK version, toolchain and Host OS
- Build the SDK
- Check the Software vault and download the file
- Unpack the downloaded archive file to a folder (recommended into c:\nxp (e.g. (c:\nxp\SDK_v2.0-K64F) or into /nxp on other systems)
The above steps are in the attached video 'Kinetis SDK V2.0 Configuration Generation.mp4'
Installing Kinetis SDK v2.0 New Project Wizard in Kinetis Design Studio
- Start Kinetis Design Studio
- Select Menu Help > Install New Software
- Select KDS Update site (Freescale KDS Update Site - http://freescale.com/lgfiles/updates/Eclipse/KDS)
- Install the New Kinetis SDK 2.x Project Wizard
See attached video 'Installing KSDK v2.0 Project Wizard in KDS.wmv'
For offline installation: the wizard can be downloaded from the https://www.nxp.com/kds web site under the Kinetis Design Studio V3.0.0 downloads, e.g. for Windows it is here:
Creating and Debugging KSDK V2.0 Project
- Use menu File > New > Kinetis SDK 2.x Project
- Select/Browse SDK to be used
- Provide project name
- Select device/board
- Select driver set and RTOS
- Press Finish
- Build Project
- Debug Project
Steps are shown in the attached video 'Create build and debug Kinetis SDK v2.0 project.wmv'