Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K66 : Change required for converting from RMII to MII interface

Jump to solution
koichisakagami
Contributor II

Dear community,
We have been developing the Ethernet connection with TWR-K65F180M and TWR-SER.

It works correctly using a RMII interface.
However, it does not work using a MII interface.

I hope to know what are the change point in order to convert from RMII to MII Interface.

The points I changed from RMII to MII are as follows.

[Board setting]
    TWR-SER :
         Jumper-J2 -> 3-4 short to 1-2 short
         Jumper-J12 -> 9-10 short to 9-10 open
[Software]
    MII interface pin setting      -> add PORTA9 to 11, 24 to 29
                                               -> set MUXing mode 4
    Receive Control Register   -> clear ENET_RCR register : RMII_MODE bit
    MII Speed Control Register -> set 0x17 to ENET_MSCR register  (Core/system clock:120MHz)

[Question1]
       Could you tell me what I have to change in addition ?

[Question2]
       Do you have any sample program using TWR-SER and TWR-K65
       for Ethernet connection test by MII mode ?

Best Regards,
Koichi Sakagami

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi koichi sakagami,

I've had a brief look through the statement, I didn't find some hardware configuration error, and I'd highly recommend you to refer to the KSDK API to set the MII mode, you can find the demonstration kind of API in the KSDK driver demo.

I also think the datasheet of the KSZ8041NL is good , and please refer to it for details.

How to: install KSDK 2.0
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi koichi sakagami,

I've had a brief look through the statement, I didn't find some hardware configuration error, and I'd highly recommend you to refer to the KSDK API to set the MII mode, you can find the demonstration kind of API in the KSDK driver demo.

I also think the datasheet of the KSZ8041NL is good , and please refer to it for details.

How to: install KSDK 2.0
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos