cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About mk22fn512 spi1/spi0 Transmission delay problem

andypeng
Contributor I

HI,

I am using mk22fn512 SPI1/SPI0 to send a series of data,Let SPI/SPI0 work in the loopback and continuous sck and continuous pcs mode.I found that when the SPI bus transmits data, each SOUT will have a certain delay after the completion of a single byte of data,  which causes the slave device to be unable to determine the received data.
MK22FN512_SPI.jpg

Register define

BEFORE.jpg

AFTER.jpg

When I don't have a continuous sck mode, the waveform is below.

not continuos sck.jpg

nt_before.jpg

nt_after.jpg

Continuous or discontinuous mode, SOUT does not have continuous output data. What is the reason?

Thanks and good luck!

Andy

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

egoodii
Senior Contributor III

Do you have any updated information on the issue?

0 Kudos

egoodii
Senior Contributor III

The obvious answer is that your data-load code-sequence is unable to 'keep up' with the TX byte-rate.  Slow your SPI clock, and/or clean up the code sequence. At BR=30 you've got 240 bus clocks per byte, or (presumably) 480 CPU clocks.  Seems like a lot, but clocks are also easy to 'waste' ---- looks like you might be taking over twice that time?

You might also consider loading 16-bits per SPI transaction, rather than 8.

You will probably also have to make sure you are fully utilizing the SPI FIFOs so that the TX hardware always has a byte 'ready to go' on the very next SPI clock.  If you wait for each 'TX complete' before even loading the 'next' you will surely skip a clock.

Can you capture your full sequence of 'PUSHR' values in a little debug-array, and show us that after a full message?

0 Kudos