How to dump a code permanently in to a KE-02Z controller using Kinetis Design Studio IDE ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dump a code permanently in to a KE-02Z controller using Kinetis Design Studio IDE ?

Jump to solution
ganeshramachand
Contributor IV

I am an final year Electronics Engineering Undergraduate. My final year project is to build a bootloader for a KE-02Z Microcontroller placed in a customized board (Not a Freedom (FRDM) board). I am using Kinetis Design Studio IDE and am using Segger's J link Debugger to dump and execute the code in that customized board. Now my mentor told me to find a way for this question. Dump a sample code (Say blinking of an LED) in to the controller by using the Segger's J link Debugger, Now disconnect the debugger but still the code has to be executed in the board that is LED blinking should occur even after disconnecting the debugger. How is it possible ? I was searching in KDS IDE and found something called "Flash from file". Will that serve my purpose ? If not what is the other way to solve my problem ?
Thanks for helping. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

after you execute "Flash to file" to download a file(for instance blinking led) to target flash, then power off the target then power on. the content you flashed to target is still there. the blinking led program can run normally.

from your original question you want to develop a bootloader?

here is an article i ever wrote regarding to how to develop a bootloader for Cortex M0+ core kinetis. you may refer it if you need:

Kinetis Bootloader to Update Multiple Devices in a Network - for Cortex-M0+

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

for KE, i suggest you refer:

http://cache.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4767.pdf

here is demo code

http://cache.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4767SW.zip

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

yes you can use "Flash to file" to download a file to target. see this article.

Flash from File: Downloading a file without the sources

please try it to check if it can satisfy your requirement. if not, please let me know the concrete problem. thanks!

can this answer help you?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

ganeshramachand
Contributor IV

HI Zhang

Thanks for answering. The downloaded code will get erased when I switch off the power supply right. I mean I use flash from file and download the code into my controller. After seeing the output, if I switch off the power supply and then when I restart, I should again flash it from file right to see the output again ? The reason am brooding over this point before trying is I am working on codes which are written in flash memory I don't want to damage the controller by any of my flaws.

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

after you execute "Flash to file" to download a file(for instance blinking led) to target flash, then power off the target then power on. the content you flashed to target is still there. the blinking led program can run normally.

from your original question you want to develop a bootloader?

here is an article i ever wrote regarding to how to develop a bootloader for Cortex M0+ core kinetis. you may refer it if you need:

Kinetis Bootloader to Update Multiple Devices in a Network - for Cortex-M0+

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos
ganeshramachand
Contributor IV

DO you have any similar articles for KE 02 Z controller. Will the same logic apply for my Controller too ?

0 Kudos