Setting the external clock range in KDS PE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting the external clock range in KDS PE

joeservo
Contributor III

I cant seem to set the external crystal range to low frequency range to set the external frequency at 32.768kHz. Anyone have any idea where this is set?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello joe,

The unit of the "Clock frequency" is MHZ, so if you want configure it to 32.78KHZ,

please write 0c032768 :

pastedImage_0.png

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

joeservo
Contributor III

i tried that but i get an error in the Problems window.

ERROR: Unexpected status of script: CPUs\_Kinetis\MCG.chg, please contact Freescale support.

the help on the availalbe values for this field says 1-32 Mhz, 32-40 kHz. any value out of this range gives the error.

Untitled2.jpg

0 Kudos

joeservo
Contributor III

Any update on this?

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Joe,

Sorry to waiting so long .

I got the workaround form my colleague and PE team engineer:
"
WKR#1: Find the property 'Clock settings' -> 'Clock source settings' -> 'External reference clock' -> 'ERCLK32K clock source' and set it to LPO 1kHz. (generally, any value different from System oscillator 0 or Auto select will do)

WKR#2: Find the property 'Clock settings' -> 'Clock source settings' -> 'External reference clock' -> 'OSC0ERCLK clock' and set it to disabled. Can be applied if peripherals don't need OSCERCLK clock.

WKR#3: (extended WKR#1) Enable 'Clock Settings' -> 'RTC oscillator' (again suitable for example if application will use it anyway) and set 'Clock settings' -> 'Clock source settings' -> 'External reference clock' -> 'ERCLK32K clock source' to RTC oscillator.

The defect will be fixed in the next release.

"

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Joe,

Sorry for it still in solving , i have urged it ,i will tell you the result .ASAP.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello joe,

I have submit this error as a bug to the PE team , and i will tell you the result .ASAP.

Sorry for the inconvenient to you !

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos