Flash from File: Downloading a file without the sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sometimes I only want to download a binary (.s19, .hex, .elf) without the need for the project and sources of it.

With the command line version of GDB you can do this, but there is as well a way in KDS to do this more interactively: Flash to File...

From the Run menu, select 'Flash from file...':

11847_11847.pngFlash from file.png

Then configure your connection (see KDS Debug Configurations (OpenOCD, P&E, Segger)).

11848_11848.pngFlash configuration.png

Beside of the settings in the Debugger Tab (which depends on the used debug interface (P&E, Segger, OpenOCD, see note1 below), you need to specify in the 'Main' tab two things:

1. The name of the binary (e.g. elf file)
  2. A project name (see note2 below)

Note1:

there is a current issue in KDS v1.0.1beta that P&E is not listed as Debugging Connection. This is expected to be fixed in KDS V1.1 (GA).

Note2:

While the project is not really necessary, there is the issue in KDS v1.0.1beta that without a project name, you will get an error. So if you start with a new/empty workspace, you need to create a 'dummy' project first and to provide this as a project name.

Happy Flashing :-)

Labels (1)
Comments

How do I generate a .s19 file like in Codewarrior?

In Codewarrior I go into "ARM Linker" and "Output" and selct "Generate S-Record file". I don't see this option in KDS.

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎05-16-2014 04:31 AM
Updated by: