您的意思是: 
已解决

Migration from codewarrior for coldfire to codewarrior eclipse 11

跳至解决方案
947 次查看
superdiode2
Contributor I

Hello.
I decided to migrate a codewarrior for coldfire (V2), 5.9 version project to new codewarrior based on eclipse, version 11. This is forced because upgrading PC from windows XP to windows 10.
I maked some changes in the code, and now it compiles and generate a ELF file.
But when i run the board with this ELF file, it doesn't start.
When i debug this program, it stops with a "adress error". The code is the same with codewarriro classic. Viewing registry, i can see a wrong values in A7 address (stack pointer). And the value son the stack is no linear.
I debug now in disassembly, and view differences from classic IDE.
When the code call the first function, the code is:
- link a6, #0
- move.l a4, -(a7)
- move.l a3, -(a7)

but in classic codewarrior, and not in eclipse, has too:
- subq.l #4, a7.

This line (subq.l...) not appears in all functions, so i think there is special instruction in this location for something that i don't know.

I try to put this assembly line manually, and when the code runs, all is ok, but a few lines later it falls again. So i discarded put some assembly code manually because it's impossible to know what and where.

In the project properties of both IDEs, i have marked "A6 Stack Frames".

My questions are:
- How works stack pointer? Is A7 or A6? Why uses both in assembly code?
- I think there is two possible reason to this error: some incorrect project property or a bug in the compiler. I checked all properties, so i can only think that is the compiler. The compiler is not GNU. What i can do?

Thanks in advanced.

1 解答
806 次查看
superdiode2
Contributor I

Hi,

I find the answer. The problem was the method to paramerer passing. By default, in codewarrior 11 is set to "register", so my setup in codewarrior classic is in "compact".

I just need to add "#pragma compact_abi" in the code and now can i see the "lost code" (subq.l #4, a7).

Now my board start and appears to be good. Now i'm testing.

Thanks.

在原帖中查看解决方案

2 回复数
806 次查看
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

How was you project migrated? There are many versions in between the CodeWarrior versions you mention. I would recommend that you follow the the steps mentioned by my colleague Pascal on the following post:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/379597#comment-585434 

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 项奖励
回复
807 次查看
superdiode2
Contributor I

Hi,

I find the answer. The problem was the method to paramerer passing. By default, in codewarrior 11 is set to "register", so my setup in codewarrior classic is in "compact".

I just need to add "#pragma compact_abi" in the code and now can i see the "lost code" (subq.l #4, a7).

Now my board start and appears to be good. Now i'm testing.

Thanks.