i.MX 8M DDR Tool is a Windows based software to help users to do LPDDR4/DDR4/DDR3L training, stress test and DDR initial code generation for u-boot SPL. Because this tool need to access Windows registry, users must run it in administrator mode. When users design a new MX8M board, please make sure to follow the rules, which can help users to esaily bring up DDR devices on the i.MX 8M board.
- Reserve i.MX 8M serial download mode, i.MX 8M UART1 and USB1 slave mode, which are used by i.MX 8M DDR Tool.
- Use the same PMIC and DDR power supply connection as i.MX 8M EVK board, or guarantee DDR power supply is no need to adjust when it boots to serial download mode.
If you have any questions or report bugs, please help to create ticket in the community.
Note: please read user guide inside the package carefully before you use this tool.
Feature list for v1.0 release:
- Use the latest scripts generated from register_programming_aid tool
- Fix minor GUI issues
- If you have suspend/resume or DVFS issues when you applies generated LPDDR4 SPL code, please replace the original bl31.bin with the attached one when making u-boot image.
- If you want to build your own bl31.bin, please apply 0001-ATF-support-to-different-LPDDR4-configurations.patch
Feature list for beta release:
- Support LPDDR4/DDR4/DDR3L 16/32bit mode
- Support LPDDR4/DDR4 up to 4 frequency points
- Support LPDDR4/DDR4 1D+2D training
- Support code generation for i.MX 8M u-boot SPL DDR initial code
Related resource link: