Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K22F openSDA option doesn't appear on CW10.6

Jump to solution
josealonsovalle
Contributor III

Hi everyone,

i am trying to create a project in CW 10.6 with the FRDM board K22F-120Mhz, but in the connections window doesn't appear the OpenSDA option, what means this?, beacuse i already installed the firmware to the openSDA at the frdm, and  i have been working properly with the FRDM KL25Z and this board works good. , or, i am forced to use the Kinetis design studio to work with the K22F frdm board??,

Can somebody help me please??

i am not shure which of these MCU i must select, but however any of the boards haven't the option openSDA..

21487_21487.png1.PNG.png

21486_21486.png2.PNG.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Alonso:

CodeWarrior does not support K22FN512 as the one in FRDM-K22F. You have to use KDS or a third-party IDE: IDEs for Kinetis MCUs|Freescale.

Those K22 devices you see are legacy K22_120 parts, that is why those are still supported by CW. More details here: Kinetis K22_120 MHz devices.

Regards!,

Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Alonso:

CodeWarrior does not support K22FN512 as the one in FRDM-K22F. You have to use KDS or a third-party IDE: IDEs for Kinetis MCUs|Freescale.

Those K22 devices you see are legacy K22_120 parts, that is why those are still supported by CW. More details here: Kinetis K22_120 MHz devices.

Regards!,

Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!