Where is the openSDA file for the TWR-K24F120M?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the openSDA file for the TWR-K24F120M?

Jump to solution
iancraven
Contributor I

I have my TWR-K24F120M board in bootloader mode, there are no useful files on it, the htm is a broken link to mbed.org.  Where is the openSDA file for the K24 that I need to download to be able to debug from KDS?

Thanks,

Ian

New Bitmap Image.bmp

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ian,

This is a board with OpenSDA v2.1 firmware on it.

You can debug it either with a P&E or Segger (Segger J-Link Firmware for OpenSDAv2 | MCU on Eclipse) connection (instructions shown for FRDM-K64F, but very similar for the TWR-K24F120M).

The Segger firmware is available from SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - OpenSDA / OpenSDA V2: make sure you use the V2.1 firmware!

For P&E, if you are using Kinetis Design Studio V2.0.0, then the P&E OpenSDA firmware file is in

C:\Freescale\KDS_2.0.0\pemicro\opensda\DEBUG-TWR-K24F120M_Pemicro_v108b_for_OpenSDA_v2.1.bin

I recommend to upgrade to v2.0.0 (see Kinetis Design Studio V2.0.0 available on the Web!).

Otherwise you can download the firmware files (Firmware Aps) from the P&E website (P&E Microcomputer Systems).

See as well OpenSDAv2

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ian,

This is a board with OpenSDA v2.1 firmware on it.

You can debug it either with a P&E or Segger (Segger J-Link Firmware for OpenSDAv2 | MCU on Eclipse) connection (instructions shown for FRDM-K64F, but very similar for the TWR-K24F120M).

The Segger firmware is available from SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - OpenSDA / OpenSDA V2: make sure you use the V2.1 firmware!

For P&E, if you are using Kinetis Design Studio V2.0.0, then the P&E OpenSDA firmware file is in

C:\Freescale\KDS_2.0.0\pemicro\opensda\DEBUG-TWR-K24F120M_Pemicro_v108b_for_OpenSDA_v2.1.bin

I recommend to upgrade to v2.0.0 (see Kinetis Design Studio V2.0.0 available on the Web!).

Otherwise you can download the firmware files (Firmware Aps) from the P&E website (P&E Microcomputer Systems).

See as well OpenSDAv2

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
davidsoper
Contributor I

Is there a bootloader for the TWR-K24F120M that supports drag and drop programming?  The "Getting Started with Kinetis TWRK24F120M" document states the following:

"At the time of writing this document there are two OpenSDAv2.1 applications that support the TWR-K24F120M:

• OpenLINK for TWR-K24F120M - Programmed on the board by default. Application download available at

freescale.com/TWR-K24F120M

• Segger JLink - Needs to be programmed into the OpenSDAv2 circuit to use Kinetis Design Studio projects.

Application available at segger.com/opensda.html (firmware links are at the bottom of the page)"

From your previous post I tried the segger and P&E bootloaders, but neither appears to support drag and drop programming.  Where can I find the OpenLINK bootloader (I don't see it at freescale.com/TWR-K24F120M)?

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos