Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeRTOS to Azure RTOS?

Jump to solution
MNNgyn
Contributor II

Hello, 

I am using a MIMXRT1170-EVKB with a m.2 Bluetooth and WIFI module. I was looking at the Edgefast Bluetooth examples and I notice that they all use FreeRTOS. I was hoping to use AzureRTOS. Is there a way to port in AzureRTOS into the Edgefast Bluetooth examples instead of FreeRTOS? Any suggestions and help would be great!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @MNNgyn ,

Thanks for your interest in NXP MIMXRT series!

The Edgefast BT project for the RT1170 is built on FreeRTOS, which for some historical reasons is currently the most widely supported RTOS in NXP's SDK. Additionally, some  AzureRTOS examples are provided for users to learn from and use.

Howerver there is no clear guidance document on how to migrate from FreeRTOS to AzureRTOS. There are some documents about AzureRTOS in the SDK that may be helpful for you to understand it, you can find them here:SDK_2_15_000_MIMXRT1170-EVK\docs\AzureRTOS

Sorry for any inconvenience, and you're welcome to raise specific needs and considerations that require such a migration, and we'll help you get the voice of the customer back internally.

Best regards,
Gavin

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @MNNgyn ,

Thanks for your interest in NXP MIMXRT series!

The Edgefast BT project for the RT1170 is built on FreeRTOS, which for some historical reasons is currently the most widely supported RTOS in NXP's SDK. Additionally, some  AzureRTOS examples are provided for users to learn from and use.

Howerver there is no clear guidance document on how to migrate from FreeRTOS to AzureRTOS. There are some documents about AzureRTOS in the SDK that may be helpful for you to understand it, you can find them here:SDK_2_15_000_MIMXRT1170-EVK\docs\AzureRTOS

Sorry for any inconvenience, and you're welcome to raise specific needs and considerations that require such a migration, and we'll help you get the voice of the customer back internally.

Best regards,
Gavin