using 512MX16 two DDR3L ICs with i.MX6 Quad, Are we need to follow T- topology or Fly-by topology during routing?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using 512MX16 two DDR3L ICs with i.MX6 Quad, Are we need to follow T- topology or Fly-by topology during routing?

Jump to solution
sagar_kumar
Contributor I

Hi 

I am using i.MX6 Quad Processor and two DDR3L of 512Mx16 configuration. Please let me know if processor supports fly-by topology. Or do we have to use T-Topology only. Kindly clarify

Thanks 

Sagar

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sagar,

As Mrudang Shelat above rely, Both the two routing topologies can work for 2 x DDR3L with the iMX6Q processor. But here recommend you to use the T-Topology, as the same as our reference design.

Have a nice day

Rita

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sagar,

If you are using the PMIC, you also need to confirm that if your DDR3L compatible  to 1.5V. If yes, you can directly use the MMPF0100F0EP. If it not compatible to 1.5V, you need to use the MMPF0100NPAEP, and modify the F0 code by changing the SW3 output to 1.35V from 1.5V.
Have a great day,
Rita

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
sagar_kumar
Contributor I

Hi Rita

Thanks for your valuable suggestion. I am using MMPF0100F6AEP for DDR3L power supply. Its SW3 O/P is capable of providing 1.35V.

Thanks 

Sagar

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sagar,

I am very glad it can do help for you.If you have new questions , you can create new thread and contact us.

Have a nice day

Best Regards

Rita

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sagar,

As Mrudang Shelat above rely, Both the two routing topologies can work for 2 x DDR3L with the iMX6Q processor. But here recommend you to use the T-Topology, as the same as our reference design.

Have a nice day

Rita

0 Kudos
mrudangshelat1
Senior Contributor II

Hi Sagar,

You can use both the routing topologies for 2 x DDR3L with the iMX6Q processor.

Also, see reference: https://community.nxp.com/message/826962 

Regards

0 Kudos