cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8M DDR3L register programming aid difference

Jump to solution
m_c
Senior Contributor I

There are two i.MX8M DDR3L register programming aid.

Old is MX8M_DDR3L_register_programming_aid_VAL_preliminiary_v1_2.xlsx from <https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-340268>.

New is MX8M_DDR3L_RPA_v6.xlsx from <https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-340179>.

May we know more detail about below two modifications?

1. New “K18”, it is related to “C175” & “D175” and the result will be changed for “0x3D400120”
pastedImage_1.png

2. Disable DDRC_DFIPHYMSTR in the latest version “6”, but in previous v1.2, the value is “1” that means the DDRC_DFIPHYMSTR is enabled. Should we set value to “0”?

pastedImage_2.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello M.C.

Some details on the changes between revisions can be found on the Revision History sheet.

As for your questions this is the information I received from our experts:

1. IP vendor ticket STAR 9001091272 dictates that we should set DRAMTMG8.t_xs_x32 = DRAMTMG8.t_xs_dll_x32 to avoid timing violations from SRX to PDE in DDR3.

2. Disabled DDRC_DFIPHYMSTR.DFI_PHYMSTR_EN as it is not used for DDR3L PHY firmware.

As a side note, it’s always recommended to use the latest version of the programming aid.

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello M.C.

I’m looking for more information on the changes between both versions. I will let you know as soon as I have an update.

Regards,

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello M.C.

Some details on the changes between revisions can be found on the Revision History sheet.

As for your questions this is the information I received from our experts:

1. IP vendor ticket STAR 9001091272 dictates that we should set DRAMTMG8.t_xs_x32 = DRAMTMG8.t_xs_dll_x32 to avoid timing violations from SRX to PDE in DDR3.

2. Disabled DDRC_DFIPHYMSTR.DFI_PHYMSTR_EN as it is not used for DDR3L PHY firmware.

As a side note, it’s always recommended to use the latest version of the programming aid.

Regards,

0 Kudos