apt-get not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

apt-get not working

ajayvenkatakris
Contributor II

I can not install any package as the apt-get command does not work in my sabre auto imx6qsolo. How do I install packages?

Tags (2)
11 Replies

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You may find this interesting

How do I - Yocto Project 

Regards,

Carlos

ajayvenkatakris
Contributor II

Hi,

Even though I managed to get apt-get, a sources file is missing and apt-get install does not work. 

0 Kudos

radimkratochvil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ajay,

what Linux you are using? Is that a Yocto or you have different distribution?

Radim.

0 Kudos

ajayvenkatakris
Contributor II

Yes it yocto only. Can you specify the link of the OS which I can flash in the sabre auto board using Mfgtools, something which supports most linux commands?

0 Kudos

radimkratochvil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

At this moment, there is only prepared Android and Yocto. If you want to build your own Ubuntu you can use this tutorial https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-330147 

Radim.

0 Kudos

ajayvenkatakris
Contributor II

Hi,

The link you provided for building Ubuntu rootfs does not work due to a faulty link in the steps provided.

https://releases.linaro.org/14.09/components/toolchain/binaries/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.9-2014.09_linux.tar.xz.

This link does not take me to the required page.

0 Kudos

radimkratochvil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos

ajayvenkatakris
Contributor II

Hi, thank you for the solution. One more thing I wanted to know is that I have an SD with Raspbian OS in it. Can it be run by the imx6 board?

0 Kudos

radimkratochvil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No, it can't.

Radim.

0 Kudos

ajayvenkatakris
Contributor II

I have tried the link you suggested but I am getting a lot of errors. Where can I find a prepared yocto, that supports commands like apt-get for my sabre-auto board?

0 Kudos

radimkratochvil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yocto don't have packages, so when you have it on the SD card, you have to build everything extra. Only way to get packages to Yocto image is when you are building the image. i.MX Yocto Project: How do I add an existing package to an image? 

Radim.

0 Kudos