cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSI Interrupt not working in Variscite MX6 Board

iqrajaved
Contributor III

Hi all, 

I am working on PCIe driver for Variscite board. I am developing the driver without any OS (linux or other). 

Currently, I/O and MEM read write are working and legacy interrupt is also working. But I am facing problems in MSI. Kindly guide me regarding this. 

The configurations that I have done are: 

1) I have programmed Data register (offset 0x5C) of EP with value 0x0000 and MSI address register (offset 0x54 ) of EP with some address (say 0x01FF8000 as i saw it in the linux pci-e-ep-driver)

2) MSI of EP is enabled by setting MSI_Enable bit of MSI control register (offset 0x52 bit 0)

3) I have configured the RC register MSI controller Address Register (0x01FFC820) with the same address as that of MSI address in EP (i.e., 0x01FF8000). 

4) MSI interrupt #0 enable register (0x01FFC828) is written with the value 0x01 and the Mask register (0x01FFC82C) with value 0

5) The interrupt disable in the RC is set in the command register (0x01FFC004) by setting 10th bit.

6) MSI inbound region # 1 is configured in address match mode by setting following parameters to iATU 

iATU_ViewPort = 0x80000001;

iATU_Control1 = 0x0;

iATU_Control2 = 0x80000000;

iATU_LowerBaseAddr = 0x01FF8000;

iATU_UPBaseAddr   = 0;

iATU_LimitAddr = 0x1FFF;

iATU_LowerTargetAddr = 0x4F800000; (inbound memory)

iATU_UpTgtAddr = 0;

After all these configurations I receive no MSI interrupt. Can anyone guide me regarding this strange behavior? 

Thanks.

Iqra Javed

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The following may be helpful:

How is iMX6 PCIE endpoint MSI generation setup? 

https://community.nxp.com/thread/321747 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

iqrajaved
Contributor III

Thank you YuriMuhin_ng‌ for replying. 

I am not working on MSI generation on EP mode PCI, rather I am not able to receive the interrupt in RC mode. 

See if you can help?

Regards,

Iqra Javed

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

perhaps the following helps.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-340425 

Regards,

Yuri.