imx6dl Yocto - steps required for jffs2 rootfs or other partition support on micro SD card

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6dl Yocto - steps required for jffs2 rootfs or other partition support on micro SD card

bryanfishell
Contributor I

Hi - 

I am not sure how to configure my bitbake recipe to have the rootfs image formatted for jffs2 on a micro SD card. Can someone please advise on the steps needed to modify this in my recipe?

Setup: 

• DISTRO_VERSION = 2.2.1
  • Kernel Version = 4.1-2.0 (obtained from "bitbake -e virtual/kernel | grep "^PV"
Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

do you want to create jfss2 by yocto, right? if yes try to add IMAGE_FSTYPES += "jffs2" in your local.conf

bryanfishell
Contributor I

Hi Joan - 

Thank you for your help - that does indeed work. However, I get an error during boot indicating that it is unable to mount jffs2 as the rootfs (based on trying ext3, ext4 and a few others according to the kernel log). Am I missing a step, as in another configuration item telling the kernel what valid filesystems to attempt to mount?

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

if you use mfgtool, maybe you need to write rootfs to a specific partition and boot kernel by jumping to its location in memory, I'm not sure how you do this, maybe you can check this

0 Kudos