Is eCSPI hardware identical between i.MX processors?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is eCSPI hardware identical between i.MX processors?

Jump to solution
michael_stanger
Contributor I

Is the eCSPI hardware within the i.MX8 identical to previous i.MX7/6 processors?
If the hardware is the same, are the software drivers also therefore identical for each processor?

The reason I ask is that I'd like to characterise the performance of the eCSPI interface on an i.MX8M, but presently only have an i.MX7D development board available. If I can make use of the eCSPI hardware/software on the i.MX7D and be confident that it's representative of the i.MX8M eCSPI then that'd save us some time.

Cheers,
Michael

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael

you are right i.MX8M eCSPI module is the same as in i.MX6/7.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael

you are right i.MX8M eCSPI module is the same as in i.MX6/7.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!