Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect SCFO FW version message when using DDR Stress Test Tool

Jump to solution
Issac_20200908
Contributor II

Hi,

I was trying to use MX8_ddr_stress_test_ER14 to verify stability of LPDDR4 on my Custom board. For my board is same as iMX8MEK board, I use bin and script files in mx8_ddr_stress_test_ER14_installation.zip.

After I downloaded DDR script file, and I got a message on SCU UART log:

Incorrect SECO FW version 2.3.1(2.6.0 or later required). and Stress test button in DDR test tool dialog is grey and cannot be pressed.bug.jpg

1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi yanping_yao

for this error one can refer to MX8X_DDR_Tools_quickstart_guide.pdf

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/i-MX-8-8X-Family-DDR-Tools-Release/ta-p/...

NOTE: Before using the DDR tools on a new custom board, the user should properly port the
SCU Firmware (SCFW) to this new board. The DDR tools will not be able to run without a properly ported and working SCFW.

NOTE: Please read the MX8_DDR_Tool_User_Guide inside the package carefully before you use this tool.

p.2,3

"DCD CFG file: This format is the configuration file used specifically by the SCU Firmware (SCFW).
In this scenario, the user copies the contents in this work sheet tab and pastes it to a text file, naming
the document with the “.cfg” file extension and placing this file in the appropriate SCFW board file directory..
DCD CFG file format contains pre-processor DEFINE directives used specifically by the SCFW."

Best regards
igor

View solution in original post

1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi yanping_yao

for this error one can refer to MX8X_DDR_Tools_quickstart_guide.pdf

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/i-MX-8-8X-Family-DDR-Tools-Release/ta-p/...

NOTE: Before using the DDR tools on a new custom board, the user should properly port the
SCU Firmware (SCFW) to this new board. The DDR tools will not be able to run without a properly ported and working SCFW.

NOTE: Please read the MX8_DDR_Tool_User_Guide inside the package carefully before you use this tool.

p.2,3

"DCD CFG file: This format is the configuration file used specifically by the SCU Firmware (SCFW).
In this scenario, the user copies the contents in this work sheet tab and pastes it to a text file, naming
the document with the “.cfg” file extension and placing this file in the appropriate SCFW board file directory..
DCD CFG file format contains pre-processor DEFINE directives used specifically by the SCFW."

Best regards
igor