Using UUU tool for imx8mn

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using UUU tool for imx8mn

anurag16doshi
Contributor II

I am trying to use the UUU tool to flash an example application from the MCUXpresso SDK on the imx8mn evaluation board. When trying to flash I get the following error:

sudo ./../mfgtools/uuu/uuu -b qspi imx-boot-imx8mnevk-fspi.bin-flash_evk_flexspi hello_world.bin
[sudo] password for ad-iogenies:
Sorry, try again.
[sudo] password for ad-iogenies:
uuu (Universal Update Utility) for nxp imx chips -- libuuu_1.4.43-4-g9aff92a

Success 0 Failure 1

2:2 1/ 1 [HID(W):LIBUSB_ERROR_TIMEOUT ] SDPS: boot -f imx-boot-imx8mnevk-fspi.bin-flash_evk_flexspi -skipfhdr

When I looked up online I found this(https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/Flashing-iMX8MM-EVK-using-UUU-Tool-on-Ubuntu/m-p/946156...)

I did not get a a value starting with b for the uboot=> fuse read 0 0 as mentioned by this(https://github.com/NXPmicro/mfgtools/issues/62)

I am using Ubuntu 16.04 and the UUU.pdf documentation specifies 16.14.

Could someone help me in using this tool for flashing on M7 as well as A53?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

anurag16doshi
Contributor II

I resolved the above issue.

Hey everyone,

I am working on the imx8mn evk board and am using the UUU tool to flash images on the board. I had been struggling to do this based on the instructions given in the MCUXpresso SDK provided by NXP for the board. I found that have to use a different .bin file for flashing from the available Linux distribution for the board. I am now able to flash the board(atleast getting a successful flash message displayed on the board). But when I try to run the file that I flashed for the M7 core I do not get any output on PUTty.
I solved the above mentioned problem by using imx-boot-imx8mnddr4evk-fspi.bin-flash_ddr4_evk_flexspi instead of imx-boot-imx8mnevk-fspi.bin-flash_evk_flexspi

The commands I used to flash using UUU is:
$ sudo ./<UUU dir>/uuu -b qspi imx-boot-imx8mnddr4evk-fspi.bin-flash_ddr4_evk_flexspi <M7_program_file>.bin

What is the issue if the files are not running?

TIA
Anurag
0 Kudos