IMX8MM-EVK audio jack

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8MM-EVK audio jack

saurabhprajapati
Contributor I

Hi, I am working on IMX8MM-EVK(lpddr4) board, with Yocto build of 6.1.55-2.2.0 kernel version,

I am working on audio codec(audio Jack(J401)) on the EVK board

While Booting the board I am getting below log in the picture "No soundcards found"

Screenshot from 2024-07-22 15-58-25.png

Can I get a help to enable audio card, so that I can play an audio file and can here over audio jack J401 using head phone.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The process will be similar, there is no need to use the i.MX 8MIC-RPI-MX8 board, just use the default device tree on the demo image.

You should use "wm8524-audio" card.

The TLV320AIC31XX audio CODEC is not supported by default on our BSP. To use this CODEC to your system, you need to add a third-party driver provided by Texas Instruments and configure your device tree.

Unfortunately, there is not a guide to port this specific CODEC to the BSP. The references we have are the i.MX porting guide and EVK device tree (WM8524).

Best regards.

0 Kudos

saurabhprajapati
Contributor I

Hello,

I want to configure tlv320aic31xx audio codec on IMX8MM-EVK(lpddr4)  board, to work on Voice Intelligent Technology  application. So can I get to know what are the change I have to make in Device Tree & Kernel.

Kernel Version: 6.1.55-2.2.0

0 Kudos

saurabhprajapati
Contributor I

Hello,

I am not using i.MX 8MIC-RPI-MX8 Board,  I am just trying to play an audio file using aplay command, and trying to listen using headphone over 3.5mm audio jack (j401) on the board.

0 Kudos

JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I suggest you take a look on the next post.

Best regards.

0 Kudos