Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About SSI_CLK_ROOT specification.

Jump to solution
takashitakahash
Contributor III

Hi community.

Our customer has below question.

About duty specification of SSI_CLK_ROOT of i.MX6DL.

Please tell us the specifications for Duty of SSI_CLK_ROOT.

If you have any Duty-SPEC, please tell me the Max / Typ/ Min.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Sources of the SSI_CLK_ROOT (PLL4, PLL3) are shown on Figure 18-2 (Clock Tree - Part 1)

of the I.MX6 S/DL RM.   Strictly speaking, jitter, accuracy, duty parameters of internal PLLs are not specified. 
The only specified parameters may be found in the Datasheet(s) in section “PLL’s
Electrical Characteristics”. 
Nevertheless, we can refer to 24 MHz crystal tolerance guidelines of
the Hardware Development Guide, assuming stability (thermal, voltage and other) of PLL output clock is fully defined
by external crystal / oscillator in order to meet USB, PCIe, Ethernet clock specs.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Sources of the SSI_CLK_ROOT (PLL4, PLL3) are shown on Figure 18-2 (Clock Tree - Part 1)

of the I.MX6 S/DL RM.   Strictly speaking, jitter, accuracy, duty parameters of internal PLLs are not specified. 
The only specified parameters may be found in the Datasheet(s) in section “PLL’s
Electrical Characteristics”. 
Nevertheless, we can refer to 24 MHz crystal tolerance guidelines of
the Hardware Development Guide, assuming stability (thermal, voltage and other) of PLL output clock is fully defined
by external crystal / oscillator in order to meet USB, PCIe, Ethernet clock specs.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos