cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vybrid-Linux-MQX Getting Started Guide Document

davidconnelly
Contributor III

Hi All-

The following document details how to get setup with a Linux virtual environment, setup the Timesys BSP/SDK, boot the board (SD card and over NFS) and shows how to debug your dual core Linux-MQX application. It was written mainly for novice Linux users, but also has plenty of detail for experienced users as well.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Thanks,

David

Labels (2)
6 Replies

alanball
Contributor III

Hi David

This is a really nice meaty document - thanks! However...

I have followed the instructions to create a bootable Linux SD card from scratch, however I get no output at all from the serial port. I'm using the OOBE SDK from the Timesys site.

All the various steps in creating the card behave as expected (using Ubuntu under VMWare)

The demo SD that comes with the tower works fine, with exactly the same serial port setup

How do I tell if the SD card I've created is valid ?

0 Kudos

michaelleung
Contributor III

Hi David,

Thank you for the great document !

I am having problem with DS-5 (running in Ubuntu within VirtualBox) getting hold of CMSIS-DAP. In VirtualBox, when I try to click on Devices/USB Devices/Keil Software OpenSDA CMSIS-DAP [0100], I get a "Failed to attach the USB device Keil Software openSDA CMSIS-DAP [0100] to the Virtual machine..." error.

Have you come across this problem please ?

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos

davidconnelly
Contributor III

When you select the OpenSDA CMSIS-DAP USB connection from VirtualBox window, give it time to install the USB drivers.  This will be a windows message that says a new VirtualBox driver has been installed. 

0 Kudos

carlovalgocela
Contributor III

Hello

I get this error when i clicked USB devices -> Keil Software.

Already installed the Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-4.3.18-96516.

CMSIS-DAP Error.png

Any solution on this?

0 Kudos

alanball
Contributor III

That's a VB problem - VMWare has no such issues. I gave up trying to get VB to handle USB properly - it seems to be somewhat broken

0 Kudos

carlovalgocela
Contributor III

found a solution.

remove all the drivers and re install the VirtualUSB drivers