cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Mandate Platform SCP to not required

Jump to solution
deang
Contributor III

I've been able to mandate platform SCP to required with this call: Se05x_API_SetPlatformSCPRequest(ctx, kSE05x_PlatformSCPRequest_REQUIRED)

By creating an auth key (AES 128 bit) with the kSE05x_AppletResID_PLATFORM_SCP reserved ID.  No problems.   As expected, I can only connect to the se050 using SCP03.  So far so good.  The problem is, how to change mandate platform SCP back to no required?  Since the above call (Se05x_API_SetPlatformSCPRequest()) requires authenticating with kSE05x_AppletResID_PLATFORM_SCP, but I can only connect using platform SCP.

The question is then:  How can I change mandate platform SCP to not required after it has been set to required?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
deang
Contributor III

@xlandrexl 

The code example I got from NXP didn't work.  However I did figure out how to change the mandate, from my notes:

You need to create a User ID with the id of RESERVE_ID_PLATFORM_SCP.  When SCP is mandatory, the connection to the SE050 is required to be platform SCP.  When connected via Platform SCP, you can create a user id and create a session with this user id within an SCP session.  That’s the key, authenticating using a UserID object with the id of RESERVE_ID_PLATFORM_SCP.

I initially created an AES object with a RESERVE_ID_PLATFORM_SCP id then make platform scp required.  To undo I needed to authenticate with this id (RESERVE_ID_PLATFORM_SCP), however I can’t create a session with an AES key since mandatory SCP is enabled.  One option would be to create a UserID with kSE05x_AppletResID_FACTORY_RESET  id and then clear everything

I haven't worked on the SE050 for a while, so you'll probably need to do some debugging here. I can't share any sample code because it is proprietary. 

Also, NXP might have a working example now.

Dean

View solution in original post

10 Replies
deang
Contributor III

Kan,

Debugging more and it looks like my problem is because I created an AES object (kSSS_CipherType_AES)   with the kSE05x_AppletResID_PLATFORM_SCP    object id.  This enabled me to force platform SCP (setting kSE05x_PlatformSCPRequest_REQUIRED) , but you can’t subsequently create session with this AES key because now the use of Platform SCP is required.

However connecting to the SE050 with platform SCP, I can create User ID objects and then create and authenticate a session with this User ID.  I should have created a User ID object with id of kSE05x_AppletResID_PLATFORM_SCP    , this would have enable subsequent platform SCP connection to use this User ID.

Thanks for your help, you can close this ticket.

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @deang ,

Thanks for the update! I will close that ticket later.

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
deang
Contributor III

Kan,

Thanks for the code example, unfortunately this doesn't work. 

Question:  When will new the Plug&Trust MW  (with the sample code to disable mandatory SCP) be released?

Thanks,

Dean

0 Kudos
deang
Contributor III

Created case 00333109

Thanks

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi deang,

Thanks for the information! I have replied you in that case.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @deang ,

The same API can be used for setting PlatformSCP into unrequired state. when host finishes the SCP03 authentication with SE050, then you may open a session with RESERVED_ID_PLATFORM_SCP, such like you did before, and then use the same API to disable platformSCP.

Hope that makes sense,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos
deang
Contributor III

Kan,

This makes sense at a high level, but the details are not clear.  Specifically "you may open a session with RESERVED_ID_PLATFORM_SCP".  I've tried sss_se05x_session_open() without any luck.  However Se05x_API_CreateSession() works and I do get back a session id.  After this call, I'm a bit stuck.

I'm sure I have to use the session id along with the key for RESERVED_ID_PLATFORM_SCP, somehow to authenticate the session as as RESERVED_ID_PLATFORM_SCP.  That's  the part I'm stuck at, I can't find anything/any API along these lines.

Is there an example of how to create and authenticate a session like this?

Thanks,

Dean

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @deang ,

Yes, there is a un-mandate PlatformSCP demo available,  but it is not yet included in the public MW release. if you need it right now, you may create a private ticket for it. Please kindly refer to the following for more details.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/Using-Our-Community-Knowledge/How-to-submit-a-new-question-for-NXP-Supp...

Please kindly tell me case number when it is available.

Thanks for your patience!

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos
xlandrexl
Contributor I

Hello,

I run into this exact same problem. Can I have the "Unmandate" PlatformSCP demo please?

Thanks a lot,

André

0 Kudos
deang
Contributor III

@xlandrexl 

The code example I got from NXP didn't work.  However I did figure out how to change the mandate, from my notes:

You need to create a User ID with the id of RESERVE_ID_PLATFORM_SCP.  When SCP is mandatory, the connection to the SE050 is required to be platform SCP.  When connected via Platform SCP, you can create a user id and create a session with this user id within an SCP session.  That’s the key, authenticating using a UserID object with the id of RESERVE_ID_PLATFORM_SCP.

I initially created an AES object with a RESERVE_ID_PLATFORM_SCP id then make platform scp required.  To undo I needed to authenticate with this id (RESERVE_ID_PLATFORM_SCP), however I can’t create a session with an AES key since mandatory SCP is enabled.  One option would be to create a UserID with kSE05x_AppletResID_FACTORY_RESET  id and then clear everything

I haven't worked on the SE050 for a while, so you'll probably need to do some debugging here. I can't share any sample code because it is proprietary. 

Also, NXP might have a working example now.

Dean