Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADC software assumption

Jump to solution
zeyu_yan
Contributor III

hello,

I read the addendum_S32G2.xlsx sheet<Assumption> ID 24559:

f. Functional safety analog inputs may need to be acquired redundantly. Use different instances of SAR ADC. If sufficient diagnostic coverage can be obtained by a plausibility check (for example, a signal range check or a gradient check) on a single acquisition for a specific application, that check can replace a redundant acquisition. After a power-on or destructive reset but before executing any safety function, execute the ADC hardware self-tests that follow:
- Supply self-test (algorithm S)
- Capacitive self-test (algorithm C)

my question: if I use 2 difference SAR ADC redundantly,should I also enable Supply self-test or Capacitive self-test ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
nxa11829
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

If ADC is safety related and is being used redundantly it is still recommended to perform the Supply and Capacitive self-tests. These self tests give increased confidence that the ADC is working correctly prior to beginning a safety function. Using the ADCs redundantly allows detection of faults in the ADCs and pins during runtime.

Many thanks,

Alison

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
nxa11829
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

If ADC is safety related and is being used redundantly it is still recommended to perform the Supply and Capacitive self-tests. These self tests give increased confidence that the ADC is working correctly prior to beginning a safety function. Using the ADCs redundantly allows detection of faults in the ADCs and pins during runtime.

Many thanks,

Alison

0 Kudos