What the relationship between message buffer and RX Fifo in FlexCAN of s32k144?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jump to solution
victor_song_171
Contributor III

If i want recieve can data with filter(specified id recieved) in can interrupt, which one shall configed via SDK? Is there any example about config can interrupt recieving?

Any reply with my thanksfull.

1 Solution
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

the MB can be configured for both receive or transmit operation, supporting both the classical CAN and CAN FD frames. RXFIFO is capable to receive only classical CAN frames and has storage capacity for up to six frames. DMA can be used to read messages from RXFIFO. The RXFIFO should not be used when CAN FD feature is enabled. Once RXFIFO is enabled, it uses memory area that is normally occupied by MBs. The number of "unavailable" MBs depends on RXFIFO ID filter table length. I suggest to read chapters 53.4.3 - 53.4.6 of the device RM to fully understand the MB and RXFIFO structure.

See attached main.c I modified to add RX interrupt to the FlexCAN_S32K144 demo example available in the S32 Design Studio. This example is using dedicated MB for message receiving.

BR,

Petr

View solution in original post

4 Replies
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

the MB can be configured for both receive or transmit operation, supporting both the classical CAN and CAN FD frames. RXFIFO is capable to receive only classical CAN frames and has storage capacity for up to six frames. DMA can be used to read messages from RXFIFO. The RXFIFO should not be used when CAN FD feature is enabled. Once RXFIFO is enabled, it uses memory area that is normally occupied by MBs. The number of "unavailable" MBs depends on RXFIFO ID filter table length. I suggest to read chapters 53.4.3 - 53.4.6 of the device RM to fully understand the MB and RXFIFO structure.

See attached main.c I modified to add RX interrupt to the FlexCAN_S32K144 demo example available in the S32 Design Studio. This example is using dedicated MB for message receiving.

BR,

Petr

shivamshankarg
Contributor III

"The RXFIFO should not be used when CAN FD feature is enabled." so i would like to know if not FIFO so from which method data will receive if we will be using CAN FD feature in S32K144?
Many Thanks!

0 Kudos
victor_song_171
Contributor III

Thank you for assistance,the issue to be done.

0 Kudos
victor_song_171
Contributor III

may i have the main.c whitch you mentioned ?

0 Kudos