Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS_Vision_Win32_v2018.R1 - License Key

trialaccount12
Contributor V

Hi,

I am trying to download S32DS_Vision_Win32_v2018.R1 using the link: 

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio-Knowledge-Base/S32-Design-Studio-for-Vision-2018-R1-W...

It is mentioned, as soon as I start the download, I should receive an email with an activation ID. This is needed for the successful installation of the software. 

But I did not get any email and I could not find the activation ID/license key on the downloads page and it is mentioned I do not need a license key in downloads section. 

Any help would be very much helpful. 

It would be very much helpful to get some support. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies

trialaccount12
Contributor V

Hi @mikedoidge ,

I tried the above steps with V3.4 and V3.2. But facing unexpected errors in building the programs. I created a new thread here: 

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio/S32DS-V3-2-ISP-example-isp-sonymx224-rgb-yuv-gs8-quot...

It would be very much helpful to get your input. All our lab documents are based on the 2018 version and we have difficulty in upgrading to to the latest revision. 

Thank you for your time. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Regards

Niranjan

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Niranjan,

Two weeks ago I sent a reply to your message in the personal messages. Do you still need help or is this now resolved?

Mike

0 Kudos

trialaccount12
Contributor V

Hi @mikedoidge 

Thank you for your reply. Two additional questions, 

1. The target hardware we have is S32V234. The previous demos such as APEX, ISP examples were run using 2018.R1 version.  Will the S32 Design Studio 3.4 support the same? Both hardware and demo apps? 

2. Any documentation on how to run these examples in Version 3.4?

Thank you

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Niranjan,

We haven't created any new articles specific to v3.4. A couple of HOWTO articles were updated for v3.2 and should be accurate for v3.4 as well.

HOWTO: Create An ISP Project From Example in S32DS for S32 Platform

HOWTO: Create APEX2 Project From Example in S32DS for S32 Platform 

Most of the steps should be the same between S32 Design Studio for Vision 2018.R1 and S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform v3.4. If you encounter any differences you can't overcome, let us know and we will guide you through them.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

trialaccount12
Contributor V

Hi,

Thank you for the document links.  The below articles are for v3.2 of S32DS so I can download and work with v3.2 for now. 

But would I still need to use the patch "S32V2 Vision Extension package 1.3.0 for S32 Design Studio 3.4

as you mentioned? 

Thanks and Regards

Niranjan

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Niranjan,

You are of course free to use what you wish, but I would advise you to use the 3.4 release. The 3.2 version is now quite old and many improvements and bug fixes have since been implemented. The instructions for v3.2 should also apply for v3.4. The Vision Extension Package 1.3.0 was developed and tested for S32 Design Studio v3.4. If manage to find a way to install it into v3.2, we could not provide support to you for it as this is not a supported configuration.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Niranjan,

We no longer support new licenses for the S32 Design Studio for Vision v2018.R1. The download is available only for existing users. Instead, we suggest you use the S32 Design Studio 3.4 – Windows/Linux and then install the S32V2 Vision Extension package 1.3.0 for S32 Design Studio 3.4.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos