Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS V3.2 ISP example “isp_sonymx224_rgb_yuv_gs8" missing in SDK

Jump to solution
trialaccount12
Contributor V

Hi,

I am working with my S32V234 board. I am trying to replicate this tutorial https://www.nxp.com/design/training/getting-started-with-s32-design-studio-ide:TIP-S32DS-Extension-P...

1. But the example "isp_sonymx224_rgb_yuv_gs8" is not present in my vision SDK. I have updated the packages as mentioned in the video but the example is not found in my case. 

Tried in S32 DS V3.2 and V3.4. Where can I find the example? 

2. I tried building and running apex2_isp_fast9 in my S32V234 board. Got this below error: 

s32error.PNG

The error is consistent with both S32 V3.2 and S32DS V3.4.  Ping between PC and board is successful but library files are missing. Quite not sure how, 

It would be helpful to get some guidance on this.    @mikedoidge 

Looking forward to the inputs. 

Thanks and Regards

Niranjan

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Niranjan,

The image you provided shows the Vision Extension Package for S32V23x v1.3. This package includes an integrated version of the Vision SDK. To find the version, you could look to the S32V23x_Extension_Package_Release_Notes.pdf. This is located at 'C:/NXP/S32DS.3.4/Release_Notes/S32V23x_Extension_Package_Release_Notes.pdf'

The Vision SDK version is listed in the Release Content section:

image.png

Each version contained some bug fixes and other improvements. In your case, we see one of the example projects was removed. There will be no further development efforts in S32 Design Studio to support newer versions of the Vision SDK nor are there plans to provide any patches/updates to existing versions.

My recommendation is to make a list of the versions you require for the course content you already have developed. This should include the following items:

1) S32 Design Studio

2) S32V2xx Development Package

3) Vision Extension Package for S32V23x

You indicated that you are unable to program the S32V234 hardware. As I understand, for the vision applications, the Linux BSP which is executed from the microSD card (I believer one is supplied with each EVB) is used for running them. The applications are loaded to the same microSD card within the LInux filesystem. The microSD should have been supplied with a standard SD card adapter which most PCs built in recent years support. You can also purchase cheap adapters that connect via USB port.

I would add to the above list, the version of the LInux BSP which is supported by the Vision SDK contained in the Vision Extension Package for S32V23x you are using.

Once you have this list, determine which items you are not able to access today from your NXP account and I can help to ensure you gain access to them. Please contact me with what you need access to.

After you have access to all of the items. I suggest you make them available to the students of your course on a local server. It will be unsustainable to provide each of them individually access to older versions of the packages. The base S32 Design Studio versions should remain available to all on our website, but you may want to have this on your local site as well.

As you indicated, it will not be easy to update the course materials to the latest versions of these tools. If they are working well for you now, then there is no reason to change them until you need to update the course content.

Best Regards,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
trialaccount12
Contributor V

Hi @mikedoidge 

Thank you. Yes, isp_sonymx224_rgb_yuv_gs8 is removed I believe. 

1. This is the VSDK version I currently have: 

niranjanravi_0-1648234132581.png

But I would like to try lower versions, where can I find them? The downloads page shows me the last one.

2. We also have an experiment using MATLAB vision toolbox with the S32V234 board. 

Link: https://www.nxp.com/design/automotive-software-and-tools/vision-toolbox-for-matlab:VISION-TOOLBOX?ta...

We ran it with S32 DS 2018 vision version previously. Will the document be the same in this case?

Update: This document requires Vision SDK_RTM 1.3.0 , which is also not currently available in NXP website. If I try with SDK_RTM_1.5.xx I am getting errors in demo examples. It would be helpful to know how to proceed in this case?

3. Do I have to ensure any environmental paths? Cause Linux BSP which we have worked perfectly with the Vision 2018 version. The below environment variables we used previously. 

niranjanravi_1-1648234380596.png

But V3.4 has different gcc compilers currently. Could be the reason for the issue? 

Would be helpful to get your inputs. 

Thank you for your time. 

Thanks and Regards

Niranjan

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Niranjan,

The image you provided shows the Vision Extension Package for S32V23x v1.3. This package includes an integrated version of the Vision SDK. To find the version, you could look to the S32V23x_Extension_Package_Release_Notes.pdf. This is located at 'C:/NXP/S32DS.3.4/Release_Notes/S32V23x_Extension_Package_Release_Notes.pdf'

The Vision SDK version is listed in the Release Content section:

image.png

Each version contained some bug fixes and other improvements. In your case, we see one of the example projects was removed. There will be no further development efforts in S32 Design Studio to support newer versions of the Vision SDK nor are there plans to provide any patches/updates to existing versions.

My recommendation is to make a list of the versions you require for the course content you already have developed. This should include the following items:

1) S32 Design Studio

2) S32V2xx Development Package

3) Vision Extension Package for S32V23x

You indicated that you are unable to program the S32V234 hardware. As I understand, for the vision applications, the Linux BSP which is executed from the microSD card (I believer one is supplied with each EVB) is used for running them. The applications are loaded to the same microSD card within the LInux filesystem. The microSD should have been supplied with a standard SD card adapter which most PCs built in recent years support. You can also purchase cheap adapters that connect via USB port.

I would add to the above list, the version of the LInux BSP which is supported by the Vision SDK contained in the Vision Extension Package for S32V23x you are using.

Once you have this list, determine which items you are not able to access today from your NXP account and I can help to ensure you gain access to them. Please contact me with what you need access to.

After you have access to all of the items. I suggest you make them available to the students of your course on a local server. It will be unsustainable to provide each of them individually access to older versions of the packages. The base S32 Design Studio versions should remain available to all on our website, but you may want to have this on your local site as well.

As you indicated, it will not be easy to update the course materials to the latest versions of these tools. If they are working well for you now, then there is no reason to change them until you need to update the course content.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Niranjan,

Regarding the example "isp_sonymx224_rgb_yuv_gs8", I'm afraid this was removed from a subsequent version of the Vision SDK. I suggest you focus on other examples. I believe the tutorials still work:  S32DS for Vision - list of Tutorials - NXP Community  and you should also be able to reproduce the content of the videos:  S32DS for Vision - list of Videos - NXP Community .

On the example "apex2_isp_fast9", I've found most issues with running the examples out of the box will be related to the versions of the Vision SDK and the Linux BSP. These must be in sync for the examples to work correctly. For example, the most recent version of the Vision SDK that is available for integration with S32 Design Studio is RTM 1.7.0. This version of the Vision SDK is compatible with the Linux BSP 23.0. So you should not use any of the newer versions of the Linux BSP. Please check if you have these versions in sync and if not try to download the compatible versions and try this example again.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos