FlexGUI won't connect to KITFS85FRDMEVM Windows 10

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexGUI won't connect to KITFS85FRDMEVM Windows 10

RayHaynes
Contributor I

Tying to connect the FlexGUI to the KITFS85FRDMEVM Eval board. I've followed the UM11157 guide. When I plug in the board I see a serial port get enumerated. I see the FlexGUI Launcher and it lists the FS85 Kits > FS85 and C0 is checked. The feature set has debug-spi selected, Target MCU is KL25Z (embedded), and USB IF is usb_cdc listed. I click OK and the main GUI page loads but it says MCU: KL25Z (embedded) / Disconnected / Firmware NA in the lower left of the GUI. If I click the Search button, the Ports selector gets prefilled with the correct PORT# but then when I click START it crashes and closes without any messages. There are some logs created though I'm no expert it looks like that even on the original start the COM port is not captured correctly. Just launch the GUI and closing it yields this in the .out log file

It has several dozen of warnings like this:

WARNING: Loading FXML document with JavaFX API of version 9.0.1 by JavaFX runtime of version 8.0.331
May 05, 2022 7:38:21 PM nxp.fg.core.session.CoreSession start

And then ends with this:

WARNING: Core session FS85 KITs_session-1 with kit FS85 KITs was not synchronized with the MCU (connection is not available)

Any pointers?

Ray

0 Kudos
18 Replies

RayHaynes
Contributor I

I tried two additional eval boards we have, KITPF8200FRDMEVM and KITPF8200FRDMPGM and they exhibit the same issue with their prospective software. I had IT disable the AV on my office computer and same issue. Finally, I tried it on my personal home computer and it worked as expected. So there is some compatibility between the FlexGUI and my work computers other than AV. I wish NXP would show some interest in getting to the bottom of this issue but since I have a workaround I'll manage.

0 Kudos

RayHaynes
Contributor I

JRE Version 8 update 333 (build 1.8.0_333-b02)

0 Kudos

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Do you install  the Java JRE?

0 Kudos

RayHaynes
Contributor I

Yes and tried it on two computers.

0 Kudos

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Did you install correct Java SE in WINDOWS OS? You failure seems fail install Java SE.

guoweisun_0-1651905445695.png

0 Kudos

RayHaynes
Contributor I

I have tried the following Java versions listed on the webpage referenced in the UM.

Java SE Development Kit 18.0.1.1 - FlexGUI never starts. No logs are created in the bin directory. 

Java JDK 8u333 (which includes JRE 8u333) - FlexGUI launches and then crashes when I try and select COM3 (which is the COM created when I plug in the board). A crash log is created in the bin folder and I have attached it.

Java JRE 8u333 (by itself) - Save as JDK above.

In the 2 cases where the FlexGUI starts the port selection has not been preselected to COM3 (like in your example). Clicking on search will cause the port select to change to COM3 but then hitting start crashes the GUI

Any ideas?

0 Kudos

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I attached my operation in similar FS85 EVB.

0 Kudos

RayHaynes
Contributor I

Mine matched except for once the main GUI starts the port selection is grayed out. Pressing search does bring up the COM3 (which is the port created when the board is installed). But when I press start the GUI crashes.

0 Kudos

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Can you catch some your GUI set up pictures for this issue?

0 Kudos

RayHaynes
Contributor I

On start up

RayHaynes_2-1652137111284.png

After clicking Search

RayHaynes_3-1652137152588.png

Next click start and crash, no more gui.

0 Kudos

RayHaynes
Contributor I

And this for completeness.

RayHaynes_0-1652137321996.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

RayHaynes
Contributor I

And I'm guessing you'll be asking about these.

With the board plugged in

RayHaynes_1-1652137574245.png

WIthout the board plugged in.

RayHaynes_2-1652137705990.png

0 Kudos

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what about your EVB setting? can you give me picture for your EVB?

0 Kudos

RayHaynes
Contributor I

Board.jpeg

0 Kudos

RayHaynes
Contributor I

@guoweisun I still need a solution for this. I'm dead in the water on 2 computers and 2 different types of FS85 boards.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You can double check your computer for the Java SE install successfully or not by below picture,if still can't find the issue,my suggestion to change the EVB of KITFS85AEEVM to try again.

guoweisun_0-1652661154285.png

0 Kudos

RayHaynes
Contributor I

Ok here is what I've tried. I tried moving the FlexGUI files from our network drive W to my local C to run them. Crashes when the correct port is selected and click start (same problem all along).

My Java install looks exactly like yours but is a different version. I uninstalled my 8u333 version and tried 8u301, the version you are running, and again same problem.

I have tried every possible setting on the launcher screen that loads before the main GUI. Same crashes

Switching boards is not an option (if that is what you are suggesting). I really need to get our KITFS85SKTEVM working because we have chips to program but I figured it would first be easier to test the environment using the KITFS85FRDMEVM since it has a functional F85 chip soldered on board (no socket issues). Both boards exhibit the same problem on 2 different computers, desktop and laptop.

So perhaps this needs to be escalated and the log file I previously attached reviewed to determine the root cause. I have done everything you have asked and more and no progress has been made.

Thanks,

Ray

0 Kudos

RayHaynes
Contributor I

RayHaynes_0-1652735796720.png

For completeness.

0 Kudos