Interrupt priority on the Linux P1020 - How to set it up?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interrupt priority on the Linux P1020 - How to set it up?

Jump to solution
alfonsokame
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm writing a linux kernel driver in order to control the 6 IRQs on the P1020.

My approach is to configure those IRqs in the device tree, to map them using irq_of_parse_and_map, to request them using request_irq

and to get the ISRs using the Read system call and the waitqueue. so far so good.

But I would like to configure the registers in order to set the priorities. Is the best approach to directly (atomic) write the PIC_EIVPR0...PIC_EIVPR6 registers?

is there any freescale approach to set the interrupt priorities on the QorIQ with Linux?

Thanks a lot for your reply

Labels (2)
1 Solution
scottwood
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

mpic_irq_set_priority()

Note that interrupts are disabled while running an interrupt handler, so this won't allow a high priority interrupt to preempt a low priority interrupt.  It will still ensure that the highest priority interrupt is the next one to be processed after the current interrupt finishes.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
scottwood
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

mpic_irq_set_priority()

Note that interrupts are disabled while running an interrupt handler, so this won't allow a high priority interrupt to preempt a low priority interrupt.  It will still ensure that the highest priority interrupt is the next one to be processed after the current interrupt finishes.

tsybezoff
Contributor II

so how can i preempt a low priority interrupt??? i need it

0 Kudos