pn512 Application Note?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pn512 Application Note?

tashfique
Contributor I

Where can I find some kind of user manual or application note that tells you how to use this chip? I will have to write a driver for this from scratch as the NFC Reader Library is pretty useless when trying to hook it up with a different micro-controller. Its the most challenging piece of application driver library I have ever ran into. I am not sure why its written in this fashion with Zero consideration of people who would like to use this device with a non nxp brand micro controller. 

Is it possible to provide the information that was available to the engineers that wrote the NFC Reader Library? Its kinda impossible to write a driver with just the Datasheet.

Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Tashfique Abdullah,

All documents related with PN512 can be found from PN512 | standard NFC frontend | NXP , but the user manuals are based on NFC reader library, so if you want to implement the library by yourself, there is no such kind of UM other than the data sheet for your reference.

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

tashfique
Contributor I

Hi Kan,

Thanks for the reply. I have been investigation and slowly getting a hand on this complex beast of a library. I had a question regarding the "psOsal" : NULLOS vs FREERTOS vs LINUX. I can see NULLOS uses the timers functionality only and connects to psplatform timer functionality. The other 2 implements creation of threads and timers through the OS. I want to know the disadvantage of using NULLOS. 

Also how are the Timer Callbacks are used. After the hardware timer callbacks I have not seen a use of this call back in any of the examples. Nor did I find any use of the timer call backs in the NfcRdLib.

Thanks,

Tashfique.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

When NULLOS is used, there is some limitation in real time response, for example, when the MCU is handling some task , and a higher priority task wants to occupy the MCU, NULLOS can not switch to the higher task immediately while RTOS/Linux can.

SysTick_Handler is the ISR for systick interrupt, which is general on ARM core based MCU. It is not used in the nfc reader library, but FreeRTOS uses it.

Which Timer Callbacks are you referring to? Please provide more details. Thanks for your patience!

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

tashfique
Contributor I

Also I would like to add to that what is the purpose of SysTick Timer Handler; Does it serve any purpose or is it ever used by the NFC Lib? 

Can I just return from the systick functions?

0 Kudos