already refer the link:

PIL simulation - multiple target patterns issue in generated makefile 

this error is similar about the link,

my setup 

matlab version: 2019a

install path: F:\R2019a

MBD version: NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx_4.1.0

situation:

fail on running mbd_s32k_examples PiL model  with Top-level model configuration (Code Generation-> Verification->check Measure task execution time)

and got this build error

if uncheck the measurement, everything is going well

how do I run the PiL model with Measure task execution time??  

Thank you

Sincerely,

Labels (1)
1 Solution
paulvlase
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi liu.madeon@inventec.com‌,

You need to apply NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx_4.1.0_patch_2 patch  from https://community.nxp.com/thread/514825#comment-1278040 .

When you open the NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx_4.1.0_patch_2.exe it will ask you where is the toolbox installed to unzip the files. Run mbd_find_s32k_root() command in the Matlab console to get the toolbox installation folder.

After you apply this patch you should be able to build successfully the PIL model.

Regards,

Paul

View solution in original post

11 Replies
liu_madeon
Contributor III

Hi paulvlase

thank your support,

after execution matlab with administrator and patch the MBDtoolbox,

Its build successfully. 

This question can be close, Thank you

But the next question happens after the topic,

https://community.nxp.com/thread/531078 

I keep attention to this question, Thank you.

0 Kudos
liu_madeon
Contributor III

Hi paulvlase

thank your so kind of reply as fast as possible

I try your method, and get the result

seen is work on fetch the directory, then missing with some file. 

0 Kudos
liu_madeon
Contributor III

but I can find the "status.h" at several directory:

C:\Users\danny\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB-Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP Support Package S32K1xx\gpio_s32k144_mbd_rtw

C:\Users\danny\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB-Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP Support Package S32K1xx\slprj\mbd_s32k\sim_pil_target_AMMCLIB_s32k1xx\instrumented

C:\Users\danny\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB-Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP Support Package S32K1xx\slprj\mbd_s32k\sim_pil_target_AMMCLIB_s32k1xx

C:\Users\danny\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB-Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\gpio_s32k144_mbd_rtw

C:\Users\danny\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB-Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\lpuart_hello_world_s32k14x_mbd_rtw

C:\Users\danny\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB-Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\S32_Platform_SDK\platform\devices

C:\Users\danny\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB-Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\slprj\mbd_s32k\sim_pil_target_AMMCLIB_s32k1xx\instrumented

C:\Users\danny\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB-Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_MPC57xx\tools\ClockConfig\mbdt_default_clock_config_panther\SDK\platform\devices

0 Kudos
paulvlase
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You need to apply NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx_4.1.0_patch_2 patch  from https://community.nxp.com/thread/514825#comment-1278040 .

When you open the NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx_4.1.0_patch_2.exe it will ask you where is the toolbox installed to unzip the files. Run mbd_find_s32k_root() command in the Matlab console to get the toolbox installation folder.

After you apply this patch you should be able to build successfully the PIL model.

Regards,

Paul

liu_madeon
Contributor III

paulvlase

Thank you for your reply,

nah... keep looking for 

i attached it 

Thank you

0 Kudos
paulvlase
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It seems that it doesn't like the space character in MATLAB Add-Ons folder from this path: C:\Users\danny\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\mbdtbx_s32k\src\c_library\gt_pf.c

Can you try the following workaround?

1. Close Matlab

2. Rename C:\Users\danny\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons folder to C:\Users\danny\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB-Add-Ons

Notice that I changed MATLAB Add-Ons folder to MATLAB-Add-Ons.

3. Open Matlab and go to the Preferences dialog.

pastedImage_10.png

4. Change the Matlab Add-Ons folder to C:\Users\danny\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB-Add-Ons

pastedImage_11.png

5. Restart Matlab.

liu_madeon
Contributor III

Hi mariuslucianandrei

Thank so kind of your reply

the way 1 I got the error on top posted,

the way 2 I got the error on the 3 floor posted,

I still find the solution to both error fixing.

Thank you

BR.

Madeon Liu

0 Kudos
paulvlase
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Did you fix the first error? If not, can you share the generated slprj folder?

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello liu.madeon@inventec.com‌,

I will try to provide an answer for this, so paulvlase‌ or constantinrazvan.chivu‌ correct me if I am wrong.

First of all, there is a thing that must be known for Simulink, starting with the latest versions. For the referenced models in order to open the actual referenced model, you have to press on the left side icon. Otherwise on double click the reference model you will only open its content but all the setting will be performed only on the top model.

pastedImage_1.png

Now, there are two ways of getting the profiler in PIL:

1. Enabling the Simulink verification for the top and the referenced models: but this has to be done for both top and the referenced models! You can update the Detailed execution time. But you need to quit using the profiler blocks.

pastedImage_2.png

And the results will be similar to this:

pastedImage_5.png

2. You disable the Measure task execution time and use the profile blocks:

Now there two types:  Profile function - (yellow) which adds code at the beginning and at the end of the function and measures the ticks between them. or the Get current bus tick number which basically returns the current bus tick count.

pastedImage_3.png

If you will put the output values on a scope you will get the following results:

pastedImage_4.png

Hope this helps,

Marius

liu_madeon
Contributor III

Hi razvanchivu

thanks your reply,

I only config the Target connection in MBD_S32K14x_Config_Infomation to fit my host, overall is base the example sim_pil_top_AMMCLIB_s32k1xx

otherwise, I refer the topic :

Code Execution Measurement using Profiling Function Block

https://community.nxp.com/message/978038?commentID=978038#comment-978038 

add the Profiler block in PiL system

but issue here,

and try to varify the PiL is work with devkit I use the get bus_tick_block, is work perfect

1.does any config suggestion to make profiler block work perfectly?

2.by time consuming with algorithm evaluation demand, is this the suggested solution?

or have any other way to do PiL with s32k144? 

thank you

Sincerely,

Madeon Liu

0 Kudos
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello liu.madeon@inventec.com,

Have you made any other changes? Could you share the model modified by you so we can precisely replicate your setup?

paulvlase‌, maybe you could share some insight on this topic - thank you in advance!

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos