NXP Matlab Toolbox for MPC5674F

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP Matlab Toolbox for MPC5674F

marius_mueller
Contributor I

I would like to do SIL and PIL simulations with the MPC5674F.

Could anyone tell me which tools I should look into to do so?

AFAIK the best way would be using the NXP Matlab Toolbox. But the MBD Toolbox does not offer support for my specific MPC. That is why I would like to know if anyone could point me in the right direction which tools I might use to run SIL and PIL simulations.

Kind regards

Marius

0 Kudos
12 Replies

TLin3
Contributor III

Hi NXP expert @mariuslucianand ,

I would like to follow up on this topic, it has been almost another 2years since your reply in 2021.

I am wondering if NXP has made any improvement for the Simulink model to work with eTPU functions, such as resolver and PWM, I am using DevKit MPC5775E 3-phase PMSM.

Would it be possible now, please?

If yes, please advise.

Thanks

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello marius.mueller@mtu-online.com‌,

Unfortunately,  as you have stated, we do not have support for MPC5674F.

I don't know if this is helpful, but from the MPC family we have support for MPC5744P for SIL and PIL. You can have a look over this video to see how to configure the model for running PIL on MPC5744P (at around 4'30'').

Or if you're interested in the S32K14x family (ARM cores), there is also support for SIL and PIL and 100% supported peripheral coverage with examples. More information here.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos

marius_mueller
Contributor I

Hello Razvan,

thanks for taking the time to reply.

Unfortunately I am not able to switch the current MPC model since we are already using it in production. That is why I am looking for tools to simulate its behavior although your MBD toolbox does not support it.

Do you know of any vendors / third party companies that might have experience with simulating the MPC5674F?

Since we develop safety critical solutions we consider using a controller from the S32S42 in the future. Do you know if the MBD Toolbox might support this controller in the future? Sophisticated simulation capabilities would be a great advantage and might tip our decision which controller to use in its favor.

Kind regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Are you refering to S32S24? Because S42 is not familiar to me. If yes, we're planning to support all the future processors, including S32S24, but at this moment I can not give you a release date as it is not yet fixed. 

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos

senolgulgonul
Contributor II

I was expecting MPC5674F to be supported by MBT, replacing MPC5554 Rappid, too.

Razvan, Could you suggest any MCU suitable for diesel engine control, having eTPU within MBT MCU list ?

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello senolgulgonul@gmail.com‌,

Could you tell me what you're looking for in terms of peripheral support, besides eTPU?

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos

senolgulgonul
Contributor II

Hi,

I expect 

a) simulink blocks  to support eTPU automotive related functions (engine position, fuel injection, knock window, tooth generator)

b) an injector board similar to PT2000  with simulink support, or  MC33810 simulink blocks 

c) analog inputs for sensors temperature, pressure etc, digital inputs for relays, switches 

d) CAN bus, XCP over CAN support

an ECU development kit similar to old "MPC563xM Engine Control Unit Reference Design" but within simulink enviroment would be very usefull.

best regards

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello senolgulgonul@gmail.com‌,

Unfortunately, at the moment we do not have a toolbox that has all of those features. We have support for CAN over a variety of toolboxes and you have support for XCP in MATLAB directly. We also have support for analog and digial inputs on most of our toolboxes, but we do not have support for any injector boards.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos

port
Contributor I

Hi Constantin Razva

Its been almost 3years since at that moment.

I am looking for simulink tool box for eTPU and injector chip.

Is it possible now?

I would like you to reply me, if you were stil there.

Take care.

Regards. 

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @port ,

Unfortunately, still we don't have any support for the eTPU under MATLAB/Simulink environment.

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

marius_mueller
Contributor I

Hello Razvan,

Yes I was refering to S32S24.

That sounds great - I am looking forward to your release and will mention your plan to support this controller to our hardware developers. Can I somehow sign up to news regarding MBD Toolbox support for the  S32S24?

Can you provide any insights regarding the simulation capabilities of the MPC5674F?

Kind regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We'll put you in our mail-list for the release announcement.

As for the other question, I personally do not know of other solutions for simulating the MPC5674F, be it NXP or 3rd party.

Kind regards,

Razvan. 

0 Kudos