Austin, Texas, USA
July 23, 2018
The Automotive Microcontrollers and Processors’ Model-Based Design Tools Team at NXP Semiconductors, is pleased to announce the release of the Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K1xx 2018.R1. This release supports automatic code generation for S32K1xx peripherals and applications prototyping from MATLAB/Simulink for NXP’s S32K1xx Automotive Microprocessors.
NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K1xx issues are tracked through NXP Model-Based Design Tools Community space.
- Automatic C code generation based on S32K SDK 2.0.0 RTM drivers from MATLAB® for NXP all S32K14x derivatives:
- S32K142 MCU Packages with 16/32KB SRAM (*updated)
- S32K144 MCU Packages with 48/64KB SRAM (*updated)
- S32K146 MCU Packages with 128KB SRAM (*new)
- S32K148 MCU Packages with 192/256KB SRAM (*new)
- Multiple options for packages and clock frequencies are available via Model-Based Design Toolbox S32K Simulink main configuration block
- New S32K peripheral support added for DMA, RTC, Registers were added to extend the existing toolbox capabilities. The 2018.R1 peripheral coverage for each of the S32K14x derivatives is shown below:
- Redesigned the FlexTimer configuration block to support additional features for PWM generation and triggering events
- Added support for System Basis Chip (SBC) UJA116x configuration
- Redesigned the main Simulink Embedded Target library for supporting future additions of other S32K derivatives and External Devices for S32K products
- Implement communication port auto discovery to allow easy configuration for downloading the generated code to NXP targets and new Diagnostic options to helps with model creation or migration.
- 100% S32K supported peripheral coverage with examples. Currently there 115 examples available as part of the toolbox that exercise all the functionalities supported
- Add support for External Mode that enables Simulink on the host computer to communicate with the deployed model on NXP hardware board during runtime
- Enable MATLAB code profiler for NXP targets for measuring the function execution time using Processor-in-the-Loop mode
For more details, features and how to use the new functionalities, please refer to the Release Notes document attached.
The NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox extends the MATLAB® and Simulink® experience by allowing customers to evaluate and use NXP’s S32K1xx MCUs and evaluation boards solutions out-of-the-box with:
- NXP Support Package for S32K1xx Online Installer Guide Add-on allows users to install NXP solution directly from the Mathwork’s website or directly from MATLAB IDE. The Support Package provide a step-by-step guide for installation and verification.
This release (2018.R1) is intended for technology demonstration, evaluation purposes and prototyping for S32K142, S32K144, S32K146 and S32K148 MCUs and Evaluation Boards