MC Development Toolbox for Kinetis Version 1.4.0 for Matlab/Simulink 2017b issue?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC Development Toolbox for Kinetis Version 1.4.0 for Matlab/Simulink 2017b issue?

Jump to solution
liuqimin
Contributor IV

Hello:

We have a trouble with the MC Development Toolbox for Kinetis with Matlab & Simulink R2017b,when we built the example model kv3xf_gpio.mdl,it's without any problem.but the simulink return a error when built the example model kv5xf_gpio.mdl. show as following picture. it is an bug? or maybe a configuration error?

OS WIN10 X64
IAR 8
MATLAB2017B

Best regards!

Liu qimin

Labels (1)
1 Solution
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi liuqimin‌,

The problem that you encountered is caused by the IAR8.0 folder, which differs a little bit from the version 7.5, the latest IAR version when Kinetis Toolbox was released.

Indeed your compiling issue is related with that COPY CATCH exception from the log.
The Toolbox tries to use the file located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 8.0\arm\src\lib\write.c but now, in the IAR8.0, the write.c is located here C:\Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 8.0\arm\src\lib\file\write.c.

This can be solved either by copying the write.c file in the old location (one folder above) or by replacing in the {Kinetis Toolbox install path}src\mctbx_kv5xf\mctbx_kv5xf\mscripts the mcd_kv5xf_copy_required_files.p file attached to this response, obviously after you made a copy of the existing file. 

Please tell us what you tried and if worked. 

I hope this helps, 

Marius

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi liuqimin‌,

The problem that you encountered is caused by the IAR8.0 folder, which differs a little bit from the version 7.5, the latest IAR version when Kinetis Toolbox was released.

Indeed your compiling issue is related with that COPY CATCH exception from the log.
The Toolbox tries to use the file located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 8.0\arm\src\lib\write.c but now, in the IAR8.0, the write.c is located here C:\Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 8.0\arm\src\lib\file\write.c.

This can be solved either by copying the write.c file in the old location (one folder above) or by replacing in the {Kinetis Toolbox install path}src\mctbx_kv5xf\mctbx_kv5xf\mscripts the mcd_kv5xf_copy_required_files.p file attached to this response, obviously after you made a copy of the existing file. 

Please tell us what you tried and if worked. 

I hope this helps, 

Marius

0 Kudos
liuqimin
Contributor IV

Hi Marius:

It's OK after apply this fix file.

Thank you very much!!

Liu qimin

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi liuqimin‌,

I see 2 issues in the log file:

First the is a copy message error: 

COPY CATCH: ´íÎóʹÓà fileattrib
ϵͳÕÒ²»µ½Ö¸¶¨µÄÎļþ¡£

The second is: 

IAR ELF Linker V8.20.1.14183/W32 for ARM
Copyright 2007-2017 IAR Systems AB.
Error[Li005]: no definition for "__write" [referenced from
putchar.o(dl7M_tln.a)]
7 218 bytes of readonly code memory
710 bytes of readonly data memory
1 068 bytes of readwrite data memory
Errors: 1

Somehow is think they are related. Can you check a file comparison between the generated folders for Kv3 and Kv5 demos to check if you have the same number of files. 

In the mean time we will have a look also over this.

Thank you!

Daniel

0 Kudos
liuqimin
Contributor IV

Hi  dumitru-daniel.popa:

I'v checked the generated folder,The number of two groups of folder contains files Too much difference。I don't know which of the files affect the result.could you help me?

Thank you!

Liu qimin

0 Kudos