Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delays before starting application?

Jump to solution
eungsoolee
Contributor II

Hi Daniel

I am waiting for your response.

And I tested the CAN module and asked another question.

Test Scenario
My board sends one message to CANoe.

Connection procedure

1. Power on my board.
2. Wait for enough time (3-5 seconds)
3.Canoe tries CAN connection.

If I do this in the order of 1, 2, 3, then my board sends a CAN message without any problems.

However, my board does not send a CAN message if I perform the sequence 3 times without giving enough time for the second sequence.

Also, after performing step 3, if I perform steps 1 and 2, my board does not send a CAN message.
(The above problem does not occur when hand coding the CAN module in the code warrior.)

Does the file created by the toolbox need enough time to perform the bootload procedure?

Or

When I create a CAN test module, is there anything I should pay attention to when initializing the CAN module?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi eungsoo Lee,

Are you using Delay before start of application option ?Capture.JPG

That might explain the behavior you are seeing. This mechanism is explained in the RAppIDBL_UserManual.pdf in chapter 2.7

"Eight bytes offset from a valid RCHW (see Microcontroller Reference Manual for
more information) there is a four byte field that defines the amount of time (in
microseconds) the bootloader will delay before jumping to the Application. If the
field is 0xFFFFFFFF then the delay will default to 20ms. Otherwise it will delay as
long as the user specifies in the field."

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi eungsoo Lee,

Are you using Delay before start of application option ?Capture.JPG

That might explain the behavior you are seeing. This mechanism is explained in the RAppIDBL_UserManual.pdf in chapter 2.7

"Eight bytes offset from a valid RCHW (see Microcontroller Reference Manual for
more information) there is a four byte field that defines the amount of time (in
microseconds) the bootloader will delay before jumping to the Application. If the
field is 0xFFFFFFFF then the delay will default to 20ms. Otherwise it will delay as
long as the user specifies in the field."

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos