Development kits for quick evaluation of the motor control toolbox ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development kits for quick evaluation of the motor control toolbox ?

Jump to solution
Maciek
Contributor V

I'm looking for some hardware for quick evaluation of the tool. I've seen the following set:
- TWR-KV58F220M
- TWR-MC-LV3PH
Is it possible to use the Motor Control Toolbox with TWR-KV58F220M (is the processor variant on this board supported by Motor Control Toolbox) ? If not - can You recommend any development kit ?

And what about S12ZVM microcontroller ? What development kits can You recommend for Motor Control Toolbox evaluation with this MCU ? Is it big issue/problem that this MCU doesn't have FPU ?

What about NXP DSCs (digital signal controllers) ? They are listed as supported by Motor Control Toolbox but I can't see installation option for these parts. Is the installation  file freely available and where ? If there is - what development kits can be used to evaluate Motor Control Toolbox with DSCs ?

Thanks for help
Maciek

0 Kudos
1 Solution
eduardo_viramon
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Maciek,

Regarding the KV58, yes, the boards you listed are exactly what you need to evaluate the motor control toolbox and motor control on Cortex M7 derivatives in general.

For S12Z, the best kit is:

3-phase Sensorless BLDC Development Kit|NXP 

Whether it is an issue or not that there's no FPU on S12 cores depends on what you're trying to do. Our motor control toolbox includes blocks for our motor control libraries that are highly optimized and use fixed point arithmetics and we are able to build typical motor control applications with them.

For our DSC, the recommended board and family that's supported on MC Toolbox is:

Tower System Module for MC56F823xx, MC56F827x|NXP 

It'll also work and be compatible with the LV3PH board that you referenced in your question.

Lastly, regarding the download I will need to refer to my colleague mikedoidge‌ for help.

Let us know your comments.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
diogocacador
Contributor III

Hi all,

Expanding on Maciek question here, are you planning to add support for the Kinetis V series in the Model Based Design Toolbox?

Also, is it possible to run Processor-in-loop simulation using the currently supported Motor Control Toolbox for the V series?

Kind regards,

Diogo 

0 Kudos
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Diogo,

Please check the MBD product list

Capture.JPG

Are you interested in a specific part that is not supported?

Hope this helps!

Daniel

eduardo_viramon
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Maciek,

Regarding the KV58, yes, the boards you listed are exactly what you need to evaluate the motor control toolbox and motor control on Cortex M7 derivatives in general.

For S12Z, the best kit is:

3-phase Sensorless BLDC Development Kit|NXP 

Whether it is an issue or not that there's no FPU on S12 cores depends on what you're trying to do. Our motor control toolbox includes blocks for our motor control libraries that are highly optimized and use fixed point arithmetics and we are able to build typical motor control applications with them.

For our DSC, the recommended board and family that's supported on MC Toolbox is:

Tower System Module for MC56F823xx, MC56F827x|NXP 

It'll also work and be compatible with the LV3PH board that you referenced in your question.

Lastly, regarding the download I will need to refer to my colleague mikedoidge‌ for help.

Let us know your comments.

0 Kudos
Maciek
Contributor V

Many thanks for Your response. We will get the KV58 kits. I would be happy to evaluate DSCs also - please let me know about the possible download options for MC Toolbox for MC56F8200 family.

Waiting for Your response 

Maciek

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Maciek,

To download the MC Toolbox for MC56F8200 family, please login to www.nxp.com and then go to www.nxp.com/mctoolbox. Here, click on 'Get License' on the overview page for Motor Control Development Toolbox. You will get a list of available MC Toolbox products. Select 'Motor Control Toolbox for MATLAB/Simulink MBD for DSC'. After you agree to the terms & conditions you will have the opportunity to download the tool and/or generate a license.

0 Kudos