cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN Functionality Problem of S32K148EVB-Q176

eren_soylu
Contributor I

Hello,

I've started to use S32K148EVB-Q176 recently. According to samples and videos I'm trying to send CAN messages over built in CAN TRX of Evaluation Board.

But I failed it. There is no can signal can be seen over osilloscope screen. Could you check my model, I cant find the problem.

Setup.jpg

I've connected probes to CAN H and ground for watching can H signals.

1.PNG

This is my model according to video. 

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

IMG_20200715_194528.jpg

Tags (3)
5 Replies

gramirezv
Contributor III

Hi eren.soylu@gunsel.com.tr‌,

I can't see from your picture, but are you using the external power supply for powering your S32K14EVB?

I don't have the same evaluation board, but on the S32K144EVB you need to use the external power supply for getting power to the SCB CAN chip.

You may want to check tour J18 jumper setting and connecting +12V to J9 connector.

Regards,

eren_soylu
Contributor I
Dear Razvan,
I've already solved this issue by supplying 12V to card. CAN and LIN IC cannot activate if we worked with USB power.
But we are trying to work CAN Pack and CAN Unpack blocks and we solved CAN Pack but we havent solved CAN Unpack usage with NXP MBD Toolbox blocks.
We use it Vehicle Communication Toolbox for work with DBC files and it is very important if you are developing software in automotive industry. Could you or anybody share if there is an example of CAN Pack and CAN Unpack usage with NXP blocks for S32K148EVB ?
Sincerely yours.
Eren SOYLU, MSc.
Thermal Management Engineer
0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello eren.soylu@gunsel.com.tr,

For the moment we don't have integration with DBC files (although we have this in mind for the future), but you can find information and examples in this webinar: Introducing the CAN Communication Blocks from NXP MBDT | NXP  . There you have pack/unpack usage examples and other general information of how the toolbox can interact with the Vehicle Networking Toolbox from Simulink. Let me know if you want any additional information.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello eren.soylu@gunsel.com.tr ,

One thing I forgot to mention is that as long as you want to use the CAN signals output from SBC (be it UJA113x on S32K148 or UJA1169x on S32K142/4/6), you will have to use an external power supply, as on all EVBs this is where the SBCs are powered from. Just wanted to make this mention, maybe for other users that might encounter similar issues in the future. Thank you for letting us know what was your issue and how you got through it.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello eren.soylu@gunsel.com.tr,

Sorry for the delayed answer - can you let me know if you see anything on the oscilloscope on pins PTE4 and PTE5? Those are the CAN_RX and CAN_TX pins that come out of the MCU. In your picture we see the output signal of the UJA1132 SBC (System Basis Chip). I want to first make sure you have the correct signals going out the MCU -- this would mean that something goes wrong in the SBC.

Kind regards,

Razvan.