cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDC-ECM with MQX

evgenyerlihman
Contributor IV

Hello,

I am trying to enable my product (that uses MQX) to work with a USB to Ethernet adapter or modem to serve as a virtual Ethernet port. After browsing the forums a bit i could not find any references of actually using CDC-ECM with MQX.

Has anybody used CDC-ECM with MQX? Is there an example? Should it even supposed to work?

Thanks,

Evgeny

2 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Evgeny,

I only can suggest to check the virtual_nic example, you can find it at the path: C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_x\usb\device\examples\cdc\virtual_nic

The intention of this demo is to demonstrate the CDC class setting the USB as a Network Interface Card. Once you connect the USB to your PC you can configure the IP address and ping it. It only shows that you can have Ethernet communication using USB. This is something used in modems that sends Ethernet data through USB. The data you send from the MCU to the USB is up to the developer.

In addition please check the below thread

USB Virtual NIC

I hope this helps,

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

evgenyerlihman
Contributor IV

Hi Sol,

My embedded device functions as the Host in this configuration, while the modem works as the Device. So the example is not good for me because the embedded device works as a Device there....

Thanks,

Evgeny

0 Kudos