TRK-MPC5606B Debugger Tutorials?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRK-MPC5606B Debugger Tutorials?

akshaydaga
Contributor III

I have purchased TRK-MPC5606B Development Board, Along with that I got a Sample code named "Training_LED_Example" and some documents giving directions for programming, Hardware layout, connections, etc.

I got a pdf "FSK_TRK_MPC5606B_Training" along with the development board, in which they have explained connections and basics about the "Training_LED_Example" program.

But I couldn't find any document, PPT, Video or tutorial in which I can get to know about How to debug the program and check the register values/status etc?

Please help me to understand how to debug the code on TRK-MPC5606B Board (using JTAG or by some other mean please)

Thanks in advance.

-Akshay P Daga

Labels (1)
6 Replies

akhilmalik
Contributor II

hi

this video is helpful in starting codewarrior and debugging it

when watching it while selecting microcontroller select the one you are using.

CodeWarrior Intro Create a Project and Debug Watch in HD - YouTube

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

if you use CodeWarrior 2.10, see this document:

c:\Program Files\Freescale\CW for MPC55xx and MPC56xx 2.10\Help\PDF\ICDPPCNEXUS Quick Start Guide.pdf

if you use CodeWarrior 10.6, see:

c:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6\MCU\Help\PDF\CodeWarrior Common Features Guide.pdf

You can find other SW examples here:

MPC5 software example list

or in AN2865:

http://www.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN2865.pdf

MPC5500 and MPC5600 Simple Cookbook Code

Lukas

0 Kudos

alexvinchev
Contributor V

It is always a good idea to start with documentation of your EVB, maybe AN4850 will help:

http://cache.nxp.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN4850.pdf?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Application%20Not...

akshaydaga
Contributor III

I have gone through the document AN4850. But Doen't give any idea about checking Internal register status/value or Debugging the project created in CodeWarrior directly.

How to develope code for debugging in free master is not given in there.

(It gives idea only about the sample code created in RAppID tool and then ported into codeWarrior using CWPJMaker and then checking the values of the variables on FreeMaster)

I can see, there is debug option available in codewarrior itself, Please help me to use that option.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

akhilmalik
Contributor II

hi

which software are you working on?

0 Kudos

akshaydaga
Contributor III

CodeWarrior Development Studio

-CodeWarrior for MCU

Version: 10.5