Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5644A CAN driver

Jump to solution
EAlepins
Contributor V

Hi,

I would need a FlexCAN driver for the MPC5644A. Is there one available for download from NXP or I have to develop one myself? I've looked at S32 Design Studio 2017.R1, created a new MPC5644A project, but I cannot find MPC5644A SDK so I am unable to add "flexcan" Processor Expert component to my project since the only version available in S32DS seems to be for MPC574x.

Please help.

1 Solution
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Etienne,

I am really sorry for long delay, I found out answer for you few days ago, but we are in bottleneck situation this week and I forgot to write you.

So, best way for you is use Autosar MCAL driver. This driver is ready to be used in operating system and it will be relatively simple to port it for your RTOS.

On the other hand I do not recommend you port SDK driver for MPC5748G. I think you would have done it at the end, but it will be much more complicated with uncertain result.

Regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

4 Replies
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

all available examples are presented in MPC5 software example list, but unfortunately, there is no driver available for any MPC. The example you will find in software example list are simple codes, which demonstrates peripheral functionality. Only possibility for you is create driver on your own. You can use app note 2865, where you will find some FlexCAN examples, or use example from software example list for different microcontroller.

MPC5 software example list 

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN2865.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=1&pageNum=1 

MPC5500 and MPC5600 Simple Cookbook Code 

About Processor Expert and SDK, there is no SDK available for MPC5644A.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Martin

EAlepins
Contributor V

Any answer?

0 Kudos
EAlepins
Contributor V

I have found two sources for MPC5644A CAN driver:

• Automotive SW - Autosar MCAL (SW564XA-MCAL401-RTMC-1.0.0 -> Can_TS_T2D18M10I0R0)
  • S32 Design Studio MPC574x_02 SDK's FlexCAN component: do you think this code should be compatible with MPC5644A since it is also a FlexCAN peripheral?

Which one of these do you think is the best place to start / would work best with MPC5644A? I am not running in an Autosar environment, but with a custom RTOS.

0 Kudos
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Etienne,

I am really sorry for long delay, I found out answer for you few days ago, but we are in bottleneck situation this week and I forgot to write you.

So, best way for you is use Autosar MCAL driver. This driver is ready to be used in operating system and it will be relatively simple to port it for your RTOS.

On the other hand I do not recommend you port SDK driver for MPC5748G. I think you would have done it at the end, but it will be much more complicated with uncertain result.

Regards,

Martin